Lucy Bronze x Reader (18)

Mulai dari awal

The kids followed Charis when Lucy said they'd be right behind them.

They left and Lucy's hand found the side of her face, cupping it and stroking with her thumb. YFN leant into it and gave her a small smile. It was clear she wasn't going to make it an issue, but Lucy didn't want her to worry.

"What did Keira say?"

"Not much.. I think she was just as caught off guard as I was."

"I'm sorry.. I planned on introducing you two in Spain."

"We still can. I hardly call a few words an introduction."

Lucy frowned. "I don't like it when you're upset..." YFN opened her mouth and Lucy cut her off. "...and don't even think about telling me you're not. I can see it in your eyes. Ask me anything you want, I'll answer it."

"I'm... finding myself strangely feeling a little insecure, but I know it's silly. She's... staying in your apartment?"

Lucy shook her head. "No, Narla is with me most of the time but when I'm not there, she stays with Keira. Keira doesn't have access to my apartment anymore. We swap Narla on occasion, and we mostly keep her in Spain."

"Okay.." YFN breathed a little sigh of relief as her uncommon insecurity eased a little. "Have you spoken to Keira about me?"

Lucy tucked another strand of hair behind her ear. "Yes, we've had a few conversations about you. We're teammates, and best friends. She's said she's really happy for me and very excited to meet you. I think she's spoken to Leah about you also."

"And there aren't any feelings anymore?"

"I can guarantee that any feelings beyond friendship are completely gone. They fell away a few years ago and we stayed together only out of habit. She's 6 years younger than me so we just... fell apart. Different priorities, different views, different goals."

"She seems really nice."

Lucy sighed. "Yeah, she is. Though she has a wicked, dark sense of humour when you get to know her well enough. Her, Leah, and Georgia are bad when they're all together. Best to stay away from that lunacy."

YFN's hand found Lucy's bad knee like it usually did and rubbed it gently. "How's your knee after the drive?"

Lucy couldn't help her smile at the subject change. "That's all you need?"

The little Australian nodded. "You answered all of the questions I had, and I feel a lot better, besides her seeing me when I look like I've been hit by a bus.." She murmured and Lucy grinned at her, kissing her damaged eyebrow carefully. "I'm excited to meet her because she's so important to you. Also, Narla was energetic. She's going to be a handful."

"Ohhh she is. Super athletic, gets it from her mum." She gestured to herself cockily and then looked at the hand massaging her knee. "As for my knee, it's okay, a little stiff after the drive but I stretched it out. This helps also."

"You're just saying that because you like being massaged."

She laughed and leant her head against her girlfriend's. "Both can be true."

YFN and the entirety of the Bronze family were squashed into Diane and Joaquim's lounge room, watching young videos of them. Diane had insisted she sat next to her, and Lucy took her place on the ground beneath her, resting her head sideways against YFN's knee.

"Ohhhh, remember this one Lucy?" Diane said excitedly as Jorge let out a loud laugh.

Lucy grumbled at the video of her with a terrible haircut and glasses too big for her face. Not all of the videos were of Lucy, but a lot had been because she was the most active child of the three. YFN's hands found the back of her head and scratched the bottom of her hair as a supportive distraction. Lucy leant back into her.