Chapter 21

It's been a week and still no one's heard from Santiago

It's been a week and still everyone's mad at me.
I can't say I don't deserve it though. I was a complete ass to Izzy. My face is still healing from Diego's assault.

Dante just made me so fucking mad, he held eye contact with me when he offered her his hand. He's fucking taunting me, flaunting their...whatever the fuck they have going on in my face. He doesn't deserve her not after the way he treated her.

Her back still has the scars and welts he left behind as a reminder of her punishments. Sure Diego ended up falling for Izzy but Dante still threatened her sisters life. How can she just forget all of that? I've been there every time to pick up the pieces he leaves behind, I've been there to hold her and nurse her back to health, not Dante. He's been nothing but a dick to her...I just don't get it. I don't get her, if only she'd talk to me. I can't seem to get a moment alone with her though, every time I think I'll finally get five minutes alone with her she gets called away. I'm starting to think Dante told everyone to make sure I'm not alone with her because everyone just so happens to have a sudden need for her whenever I'm around.

I've had it.

I just need to go and talk to Dante and find out what the fuck he's up to. He should be in his office right now going over the latest logs and info Izzy sent all of us this morning regarding the possible moles.

-----------------------

Knocking on his double doors twice I wait for his response, I hope he's still in there, I don't feel like going on a scavenger hunt for him.

"Come in" he calls out in his deep voice

"Oh it's you" he says as I enter his office.

"Yeah it's me. Got time to talk?" I ask keeping my voice neutral.

"If it's about Natalia then no, I don't have time to talk." He deadpans, not even looking at me as he scrolls through documents on is computer.

Dick.

"And why not" I counter.

"Because that particular conversation always ends up with us fighting and I promised her I wouldn't fight with you anymore. Any more questions Dominic or can I get back to work?" He replies coldly

"You promised her? What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" So they are together then...

"Exactly what it sounds like Dom, she made me promise that where she's concerned we wouldn't so much as argue. If you want answers to your ever pressing questions go and talk to her about it. I know where I stand but she's still figuring things out so just go talk to her or drop it. I need your head in the game Dominic, I need you helping with the Cartel. I need you to see and reason things that I can't see. You've always been a think outside the box kind of guy and I need you right now. I'm not asking as your brother I'm asking as your Capo. Diego is doing his best to try and plan three steps ahead but between training Izzy and switching out with Roman on cyber security watch he's swamped. We need you to pull your head out of your ass and help. Can you do that?" He asks, looking me dead in the eye. He's not looking at me as Dante, he has his boss look, his eyes trying to convey what he can't. He's sorry, I know he is.