Chapter 10

At some point I blacked out

At some point I blacked out. I have no clue when I stopped hitting him, or how I ended up on my back.
All I know is I came to and her face was the first thing I saw.

Concern and confusion etched into every beautiful feature.

"Dang, I get sent to my room and they have all the fun. I demand to be invited to the next family brawl!" J says, voice full of disappointment.

"Shut up J, this is partly your fault" Diego says scowling

"My fault? You and Natalia, yes. Dom and Dante, no." He responds making an X with his hands.

"Can you stand?" She asks, offering her hand.

After everything that just happened...why is she trying to help me?
I realize I'm just staring at her like a complete idiot. Mentally shaking myself I take her hand and let her pull me up.
Once she sees I'm okay she goes to Dom and helps him up too.

"Why we're you trying to kill each other?" Diego asks looking both of us in the eye, annoyance clear in his green eyes.

"As if you have to ask" Dom scoffs and walks inside.

"I saw this coming" J says sighing, walking after Dom.

"I did too, just didn't think it'd be this soon" Diego deadpans

"You don't have to worry about me and Diego, we talked it out. I apologize for the knife, will you be administering punishment today or after the gala sir"  she asks, looking me dead in the eye, entirely void of emotion.

Having her ask about punishment so calmly makes me feel like someone took a knife and shoved it in my gut.

If she were anyone else she would have a bullet in her head the moment she went after my brother. No one comes for my family, my inner circle, and lives. I don't take chances or tolerate disrespect.
Not only did she attack Diego but she attacked me...an attack against any capo means death. This is a known fact.

If it gets out that she attacked me and I didn't put her down...I'll look weak.

"Sir?"
Her voice brings me out of my head.

"We can deal with that later..."

"You can't kill her Dante, not without losing Dom. Besides, chaos in your inner ranks right now won't look good, especially once you announce the cartel on our turf. We need a united front. This needs to stay quiet"  Diego tells me all matter of fact, crossing his tatted arms.