Chapter 3

Ricky "Joker" DeSantis is Dominic's best friend

Ricky "Joker" DeSantis is Dominic's best friend. More like his shadow if I'm being honest. His right hand man and most trusted member in his circle next to his brothers of course.

He looks like an angel. Piercing icy blue eyes, perfect nose and full lips. Hair as black as nightmares with a jaw line that can cut glass. The most innocently gorgeous face.

Dom says he's a psychopath but I don't agree. Psychopaths are cold and calculating. They can't form attachments. Ricky may be cold and calculating but I truly believe he cares about Dom. I've seen him go out of his way and take a literal bullet for Dom. A psychopath wouldn't do that right?

Ricky never smiles, not truly. He'll smirk or give you a half smile, the thing is though, it won't ever reach his eyes unless he kills. Then, and only then will you see him plastered with the biggest smile. It's the scariest most beautiful thing I've ever seen. He morphs from an innocent looking, heart stopping angel into Lucifer's 6'2 demon spawn.

* Three Hours Later *

Finally Ricky shows up, cheesing like a complete idiot. Covered in blood. This idiot kept me waiting so he could go and get his kicks on...

"It must be my birthday, or maybe Satan himself sent you to me Talia because this is turning out to be the most fantastic fucking day." Eyes glistening, dimples popping he saunters over to me.

"Do I even want to know who you killed Ricky?"

"I don't know...do you?" He smirks wickedly

"Does knowing endanger me or Izzy?"

"Nope"

"Okay then...who did you kill?"

"Some random dude trying to get the jump on a very nice grandma" He says proudly. He is visibly glowing with joy.

"You saved a grandma?" Confusion clear on my face.

"Sure did. She even gave me some candy from her purse, want some?"

"No thanks, I'm good. Did Dom catch you up on everything?"

"Yup! And I call dibs on the traitors!" He says, practically skipping into the woods.

Why am I even surprised anymore. I grab my gear and follow the sound of Ricky's cheerful whistling. I swear every time I think I'm starting to understand this kid I get whiplash from his ever changing moral code.
The trek into the woods with him is actually kind of nice. We make great time running part of the way until the setting sun and thick forest canopy leaves us submerged in inky darkness. After putting on our NODs and redeploying Toby we set off again with only eight miles to go.