Digging

“Taeyung, we don't have much time left. We really have to dig into everything." Jungkook said, looking at his white board.

"Have you made your mind already?" Taeyung gulped.

Jungkook sighed, biting his lower lips.

"I gotta dive deep to find that out." Jungkook looked away.

"Don't hurt him. That's all I can say." Taeyung murmured.

"It doesn't suit you! The stuffs that you're spitting right now, it doesn't suit you! We were in this together!" Jungkook was clearly irritated.

"Yeah! But back then I didn't know what he was involved in, if I knew-" he got cut by Jungkook.

"You would have never agreed to work with a police officer, right?" He asked with a mocking grin on his face.

"Yes! God dammit!" Taeyung pushed back his bangs in frustration.

"I'll find the proofs by tonight and make him surrender." Jungkook fixed the pin of his uniform and left.

~

"Do you happen to know anything about someone name Kim Namjoon?" Jungkook asked, sipping from his cup.

"Wait- wait- I don't know anything about Namjoon, but I know Sung-Joon. The mafia, right?" Byeol asked.

"Oh, my- my-" Jungkook took a quick breath.

"He too had a son. So I think the person you're trying to reach might be in just Sung-Joon's gang, which happen to be run by his son now." She explained.

"Byeol- I'm not trying to reach him. I know where he lives, I know where I can get him. But I need solid proofs. I need records. I need some digging, and that's why I'm here." Jungkook expressed.

"You know what- it's not that bad. I needed to look up on Sung-Joon, anyway. So let's do it together." She responded, searching for something on the shelves.

"Why? Which case?" He asked, holding his coffee mug.

She sighed, "It's because of Yoongi."

Jungkook looked confused.

"I hope Yoongi at least told you about what happened with his sister. Or else I can't tell you more, this is might be something he doesn't want people to know." She spoke.

"Oh yes, of course I know." Jungkook lied.

He had no idea Yoongi had a sibling.

"After she disappeared, no one could trace her. Yoongi still wears that uniform in the hope of finding his sister. I know Yoongi always has a hard time processing the fact that Yuri might work for Sung-Joon, but I think this is a legit thing." She kept going. "Sung-Joon had a habit of using helpless people. He would go around, collect teenage kids and make them a great weapon so that his hands would stay clean. There is enough proof that the bar Yuri was working in was a bar Sung-Joon owned and they used to have regular meetings and deals there. Then here... A kid who was accused of killing his own father magically runs away, then guess where he was last seen? AT SUNG-JOON'S BAR!" Byeol showed him the article.

Jungkook was already shocked as he was.

"How come I never knew about this? It was never on the newspaper. How did you get em?!" Jungkook asked.

"It's a dark web news portal." She replied.

"Jung- Hoseok? The kid's name is Jung Hoseok?!" Jungkook pointed at the paper.

"Yeah?" She questionably looked at Jungkook.

"You were damn right, Byeol. Sung-Joon was Namjoon's father and now he runs it. Because Jung Hoseok still works for him. There's too a guy name Park Jimin." He stated.