Friends?

Hoseok woke up with severe headaches and body pain. He was having some flashbacks from last night and they didn’t look so appealing.

So he shifted his body to downstairs.

Namjoon was sleeping on the couch.

‘How long will I keep hurting you this way, Joon?’  Hoseok gulped, taking a sigh.

Hoseok didn’t notice it until now that there was another man he supposed Jin who was comforting Namjoon.

Hoseok stopped right here, trying to empathize the whole situation.

Jin felt the godly gaze upon him as he looked back.

They made eye contact for the first time.

It’s weird how they both know each other but never got to properly talk to each other. Jin even saw Hoseok couple of times so as Hoseok. But they could never initiate a proper conversation.

Where should they start with?

A normal conversation or a conversation they both must have with each other? The one that could get crusty.

Jin woke up to approach Hoseok.

“Hi. I’m Jin. Namjoon’s friend.” Jin knew that Hoseok already knows that, but still...

“Hoseok. His-“ Hoseok stopped.

Isn’t it weird how they, how he never tried to understand what relationship they have with each other? He has always mentioned Namjoon as a friend. But now the sudden hesitation feels heavy.

They grew up like brothers.

Stayed like friends.

Loved like lovers.

But where does it stand?

What are they?

“His friend.” Hoseok completed his sentence after taking much time.

“Oh, are you?” Jin asked politely, but Hoseok could feel the rage that coming from that question.

“We should talk.” Jin stated. Hoping Hoseok would give him a chance.

Honestly, Namjoon never said a single bad thing about Hoseok. It was always the good parts. But every man does that when he’s in love. They get really blind. By now, Jin knows that Namjoon’s love is unconditional. He gets hurt but never stops loving. And seeing a man going this far for love and still being unbothered by this can only leave a poor impression of Hoseok. Specially whatever happened after last night, Jin could not help but to have mixed feelings about Hoseok.

“Sure.” Hoseok nodded, turning a back and going upstairs. “Just follow.” He instructed.

Jin felt relief that Hoseok didn’t refuse it.

“Say it.” Hoseok threw himself on the bed.

Jin didn’t know how to start.

He felt like that’s a bit too intense topic for a first time conversation.

“Let me help you. It’s about Joon, right?” Hoseok started.

Jin sighed, nodding.

“I mind nothing, so just shoot whatever you have on your mind.” Hoseok softens his expressions.

“Do you know Namjoon has feelings for you?” Jin asked, looking down. After all, it’s their personal matter.

“I know.” Hoseok admitted.

“Then why don’t you love him back? Why are you so oblivious?” Those wrinkles on Jin’s forehead were visible.

“And how do you know I don’t?” Hoseok chuckled, hiding some deep sorrow within himself.