Nightmare pt. 2

Jin fell asleep while talking to Namjoon.

Namjoon dialed Hoseok's number one last time before heading out of his room to check up on Taehyung and Jimin.

Namjoon witnessed Taehyung anxiously walking to the side of the bed while keeping an eye on the
unconscious Jimin.

"Why don't you try to sleep?" Namjoon asked him,
Placing himself on the couch.

"I can ask you the same." Taehyung raised an eyebrow.

"Taehyung, Jin and I were so busy with Jimin that I hardly got a chance to talk to you about all these circumstances." Namjoon proceeded his interest in talking.

"Uhm. Yeah. Actually. When Jimin called me I was already in the middle of something. I tried my b-" Taehyung tried explaining but Namjoon stopped him.

"Are you okay?" Namjoon asked.

Taehyung looked down, not being able to form an eye contact with Namjoon.

"I am fine. We should only focus on Jimin momentarily." Taehyung expressed his thoughts.

"Hoseok and I raised Jimin. We treat him like our son so naturally we're very protective of him. That doesn't mean we won't care about you. And I'm not saying that just because it's my job as a gang leader or because you saved Jimin's life." Namjoon gave some time to let Taehyung soak in all of that.

"I know we never had these kind of chats. So here's the thing, if you try to be with someone just because you think it's a part of your duty then you'll soon get tired of it. Please, think of us as a family. And in families, we pay attention to everyone whether they need it or not." Namjoon added.

Taehyung gulped.

He was deeply touched. Namjoon always seemed like a professional person. Hoseok was always the friendly one. And Jimin was always the sassy one.

So Taehyung never imagined this kind of appreciation from Namjoon.

Because he thought everyone will blame him for not being a responsible gang member.

Jimin was just shot.
It was Taehyung who had to give his best.

The mental and physical struggles he went during those two hours were more traumatizing than any other trauma he has ever had.

"I know that was really hard for you too." Namjoon patted on his shoulder.

Taehyung sighed in relief.

"Thank you." He blinked, forming a slight smile.

"If you are comfortable enough to talk about it then I wanna ask you something." Namjoon stated.

"Sure." Taehyung nodded.

"I wanna know about those police officers. Have you seen anyone's face? Because there's no way anyone would know about that abandoned place." Namjoon asked.

"They were from Seoul police station, so far I can remember. I even felt someone was following me. It could be them. I don't know how they got to know." Taehyung explained.

Namjoon's breathing got shaky.

"You should rest now." Namjoon suggested to Taehyung after peeking at Jimin for the last time before leaving the room.

Namjoon felt like he need an inhaler to breathe.
He couldn't wait any longer for Hoseok and tried to track down his location.

The whole police situation only reminded Namjoon of Yoongi and how he could be behind all of this.