𝟐𝟐

𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑠' 𝑝𝑜𝑣

I wiped my hands with the damp cloth before reaching for my phone in my back pocket.

Honestly, I was hesitant to leave the house earlier. After what happened with Aurora last night, I spent all night staring at her resting face as she slept, fearing that she would somehow sneak out of bed and wander off to her office— or worse. . . the alcohol cabinet. Although I put it all off last night, I can't lie and say that I wasn't hurt by the situation. Yes perhaps she had a bad day at work, but I didn't enjoy seeing her overwork herself in the way that she did.

Before I could think about the situation more, I cleared my mind and instead powered on my phone.

I checked for any updates with my two favorite girls. Ariella had sent me a few GIFs that she found entertaining from her iPad that she received on Christmas. I responded back with a few of my own that would hopefully make her giggle a bit.

Just as I swiped out of Ariella and I's conversation, Aurora sent a morning text along with a selfie of her blowing me a kiss while still in bed. Her hair was messy and thrown all over the white sheets that she laid on and the sun shined so brightly on her perfectly, smooth skin.

I smiled at the picture as I hearted it.

God, was I so in love with her.

I question myself daily about how I was able to attract her.

"Are you going to take my order or not?" a familiar voice interrupted my thoughts.

I looked up, shoving my phone back into my pocket with a sweet and apologetic smile until I saw who was on the other end of the counter.

I held in the sigh that desperately wanted to escape.

"Hi! I hope your morning is going alright. What is it that you would like to order?" I put on a fake smile.

As much as I wanted to twitch my eye in annoyance at the brunette in front of me, I remembered that I had more important things to do than banter with a jealous ex.

Evelyn gave me a cheeky smile, adjusting her designer coat onto her petite body, "No need to be all nice, darling. I know how you feel about me."

"I'm not being all nice for the hell of it, darling. Unlike you, I'm not an immature person who can't seem to get over something that you, yourself fucked up." I gave the woman a tight smile, "Now once again. . . what can I get you to
order?"

She scoffed, causing me to frown when getting a whiff of her cigarette breath. I swear this woman only came here to throw me off. Was she succeeding? Possibly.

"I'll take a small Iced Gingerbread Oatmilk Chai and a slice of Panettone." she stated with a roll of her eyes.

"That'll be nine dollars and thirty seven cents."

Evelyn wasted no time in handing me a ten dollar bill, her manicured red nails glistening underneath the light above us.

"Keep the change." she pouted, "You could use it."

I bit the inside of my cheek before moving away from the counter to prepare that jealous cunt's order. As I placed her items in the paper bag my thoughts ran of ways to destroy it all; stomp on the bread before handing it to her, switch the sugar in her coffee for salt, etc. However me being the better and bigger person, I decided against my thoughts and prepared her order as I would do any other customer.