𝟏𝟖

𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑠' 𝑝𝑜𝑣

After Aurora and I's intimate moment, we both showered and got dressed for the day.

I had curled my hair and tied some of it back with a white ribbon. I was wearing a chunky red knit sweater with black mom jeans. Warm, fluffy white socks protected my feet that were stuffed inside of my UGG boots.

Aurora's hair was pulled back into a tight bun, but after I scolded her for damaging her hair she loosened the strands up. She was wearing a similar red sweater as mine that she tucked into a pair of straight leg leather pants. Instead of wearing UGG's she had on a pair of Dr. Martens.

Once we were dressed, we headed into the guest room to wake up Ariella and get her ready for the day.

A queasy feeling ran through my stomach as we all prepared ourselves for the day. It was something that I enjoyed about us all being so comfortable around each other.

I was loving the bond that was forming between all of us. They were like family to me. I loved them like family. I really hoped that they wouldn't deem me weird for associating myself to them as such, but then again I know how they felt about me. Especially Aurora. My thoughts were just full of insecurities— something that I'm working on. I wouldn't want my lack of self confidence to tear us apart.

Not after how much I've grown to know them.

The sound of Ariella giggling caused me to snap out of my thoughts. Aurora had just finished putting her hair up into pigtails and was now tickling the little girl.

"I—Iris! Help me!" Ariella managed to yell out through her giggles.

I chuckled and made a move to help the girl, but Aurora had gotten ahold of me and thrown me on the bed beside Ariella, using both of her hands to jab at our stomachs and necks.

I yelped and kicked my legs just as Ariella was doing, "Ro! Stop my— my hair!"

"Uh uh. You tried to help the little princess, so you must endure her punishment too." Aurora declared in a evil tone, her ridiculous laugh that followed making her character seem more wicked.

She tickled the two of us for a few more seconds, squeals and evil laughs filling up the room as Ariella and I struggled. Eventually, we were left huffing as Aurora stood above us with a satisfied grin.

"You . . . are evil, lady. Just evil." I pouted, standing up and moving towards a nearby mirror.

My curls weren't completely destroyed, but they were still frizzy and out of place. I huffed and stared at my reflection as I attempted to seem more put together.

Aurora had snuck up behind me and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead, "You still look beautiful."

I rolled my eyes to draw attention away from the tint on my cheeks, "Whatever." I mumbled.

Once everyone had freshened themselves up, we made our way out into the city. We made a stop at the bakery where I worked and ordered a not so healthy breakfast before continuing our journey in Aurora's Audi. The car was full of loud singing of whatever Christmas song that played, Ariella dancing around in her booster car seat.