𝟎𝟐

𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑠' 𝑝𝑜𝑣

At seven in the morning on a Thursday I grabbed a latte from a local coffee shop before I was off to the first day of my new job.

Yesterday, after leaving Aurora's home I went to my apartment and told Phoebe all about the good news over the phone. She was just as excited as I was, and dragged me to a nightclub that was downtown.

I should've known better than to go out with her the day before my first as a babysitter.

We had drunk a bit too many drinks and danced a little to hard underneath the strobing lights. Our bodies didn't hit the sheets until 3am, so now here I am on my way to the Romane's residence with a throbbing headache and just barely opened eyes.

The coffee was meant to be an energy boost, and it started to kick in when I took the first few sips which made me feel less tired . . . and worried.

I just hope I can make it through the rest of my day without collapsing.

I pulled into the driveway that was in front of the two story mansion after making it through the large black gates and slid out of my car — the latte being one of the first things that I exited with.

I walked up the steps with more confidence than I had the day before and knocked on the door.

In less than ten seconds the door swung open revealing Ariella.

An eyebrow of mine quirked up in curiousness, yet I couldn't help but smile at not only the smile on her face but also the fairy wings that were attached to her back.

"Iris!" the younger version of Aurora screeched loudly and ran towards me — wrapping her tiny arms around my legs.

"Hey there." I laughed.

Not long after Aurora appeared from behind the door.

She spoke in a soft yet stern tone,"Ariella. Be careful. You can't break her before she even gets the chance to walk inside."

I giggled, "It's okay. I honestly don't mind, really."

Aurora laughed with a raised brow as she began to release her golden locks from the hair tie that was in her head causing me to slightly blush at her beauty.

She threw her hair over her shoulders before speaking with a smile, "Alright, that's enough, Ari. Let me speak to Iris for a bit before I leave." her voice felt like a fluffed pillow against my ear as she spoke to Ariella who was still hugging my legs.

I hadn't even known the kid for a full day, and she's already attempting to end my ability to walk.

The smaller blonde reluctantly let go of me with a small apology before skipping up the marble like staircase.

"Come inside." the door was pushed opened wider than the width that it already was by Aurora.

I sent her a small smile and kept my head tilted down when I passed by her. During the act I still managed to inhale her scent; something I'd been hoping to avoid.

She smelt of honey and strawberries.

Damnit, what am I thinking?