𝟏𝟓

𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑠' 𝑝𝑜𝑣

"Fuck her." Phoebe yelled for the thousandth time tonight.

When my best friend received my call, she sped through the busy roads to get to me as soon as possible. Though, I did have to stop her from going inside and causing a scene when she arrived.

There was nothing that she hated more than someone hurting my feelings. However, she took notice of the desperation in my eyes and just let it all go. The ride home was full of reassuring words, sympathetic gazes, and multiple attempts of trying to lift my mood.

We were now at her house, me wondering what I could've done wrong while the redhead shouted profanities at a woman who was miles away from us.

Aurora had tried to call me— many times— but I couldn't find it in me to answer any of them. Maybe I should have. That way she could just explain and we could move forward, but Phoebe had confiscated my phone after blocking the older woman when she called for the thirtieth time.

My eyes were dry from crying so much and my cheeks were damped in my own tears.

I didn't even bother wiping the tears from my cheeks anymore after I realized that I would just burst into another episode of crying seconds later.

"I just don't understand." I pathetically whispered, "I thought that we were getting somewhere."

Phoebe's eyes softened as she joined me on her bed, pulling my face in her hands.

"She doesn't deserve you." she stated, cleaning my wet face with her sleeves.

"You said that about everyone else." I scoffed, "Maybe they weren't the problem. Maybe they were right. I'm fucking insecure, Phoebe. Nobody wants an insecure girlfriend who—"

My head slightly whipped to the side when the redhead delivered a harsh yet gentle slap to my face.

I frowned, "Ow!"

"Sorry, but what kind of friend would I be if I just let you talk badly about yourself?" she rationalized. "Iris you're amazing. Inside and out. Perhaps you're a little insecure, but that doesn't define you. Stop thinking so badly about yourself."

I wanted to cry again, but I didn't even think it was possible.

I wrapped my arms around my best friend, giving her the biggest hug.

"I love you, Bea."

"I love you more, Ris."

𝑎𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑎'𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣

I fisted my hair in my hands as I watched the phone go to voicemail for the hundredth time. I have no idea what happened. When I returned to the group, everyone casted disapproving looks at me and Iris was nowhere to be found.

I didn't know what I had done, and no one would tell me where Iris was.

Eventually, I figured that she might've seen me talking to my ex-wife but nothing happened between the two of us.

Nothing.

If she would just let me explain myself instead of declining all of my texts and calls, then we could work this out.

I would never intentionally hurt that heavenly woman's feelings. Iris had made me feel things that no one had managed to do in years.

"Mamma?"

I looked up from the table that I was sat at and watched as Ariella stood in front of me, rubbing her left eye with a stuffed animal in her right arm.

"Yes, princess?" I answered.

"Why are you sad?" she pouted, tilting her head up at me.

I gave a reassuring smile to my daughter before picking her up to sit her in my lap, pushing away the glass of wine that I had been sipping on.

"Mamma's not sad. Just a little disappointed in herself." I admitted to the young blonde, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, "But she's trying to fix it because it's worth it."

I didn't realize that a few tears had escaped my eyes, but Ariella had. She gently sat her fluffed friend on the table before reaching up to wipe the liquid from my face. In this moment, I couldn't be anymore grateful to have a daughter like her. Her tiny arms wrapped around my neck in a hug after she'd finished comforting me.

"I love you, Mamma. I believe in you."

I chocked out a sob, "I love you more, stellina."

-E
I've never written such a short chapter . . .