𝟎𝟏

❛ 𝑖 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑦 𝑢𝑠 ❜

The fidgeting brunette slowly walked up the slim and elegant stairs. There were exactly three steps and she was sure to take her time on each of them before stepping up to the next.

She was nervous.

After getting fired as an assistant from a high paid company for getting the boss's coffee order wrong — she spent the remaining week moping around her apartment.

It took a damn lot to get that job, and to be let go for something as simple as a coffee mistake left her feeling dejected.

Her superior had always looked down at her with such unpleasantness. The man who seemed to be in his late fifties would occasionally have her staying after hours at the building to sort out signed documents and papers. He always sent the girl to get coffee from places that were twenty minutes away then blaming her for it being 'not hot enough' by the time she reached him.

Still she stayed . . . for the paycheck.

The money was the only thing holding her back from marching into the cocky bastard's office and sending a harsh slap to his wrinkled cheek.

Iris would've loved to see the stunned expression that played on his features due to her hit.

It's a shame that she didn't have the chance to act on her fantasies.

When the weekend had arrived Iris's best friend, Phoebe had dragged her from underneath the white sheets of which she had been under for the past four days and gave her the world's best pep talk.

As one's best friend should do, Phoebe helped the brunette better herself. She forced her into the shower, sat out an outfit for her that wasn't a hoodie and sweats, styled her brown luscious locks with a curling iron, and took her out to eat at a five star restaurant.

Once the two had came back from having lunch Phoebe insisted that Iris found a new job. One where she wasn't treated as if she was the gum that was stuck onto the bottom of someone's shoe.

Now here she was at the Romane's residence.

In front of the seemingly tall door.

It might've been a major downgrade, but Iris felt content when she picked up a babysitting job. Her love for kids (even if they weren't her own) is what pushed the brunette to the certain job.

"It's now or never." Iris whispered to herself before delivering two knocks onto the paneled door.

She waited for an answer — giving it time considering how huge the house was. Iris was sure that whomever it was inside needed time to walk to the entrance.

Soon enough a melodious voice called out from behind the door, "Coming!"

Iris's nerves grew, nonetheless she folded her hands in front of her body. Her fingertips grazed against the light brown plaid pattered skirt that stopped just a few inches before her knees as she waited patiently.

The sound of locks moving was heard before the entry was revealed.

The brunette looked up from her feet and made instant contact with a blonde haired beauty.