𝟏𝟒

𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑠' 𝑝𝑜𝑣

Things between Aurora and I have been good recently. We talked out our issues and we listened to each other's concerns with an understanding. I understood her want to provide for me, but she also began to understand how much I relied on my self independence.

I had gotten a job at 'Sugar Bliss,' the bakery that was quite literally a two minute walk from my home, and had been working there for about a week. I stayed in the back where I made dough and decorated cakes— but would go out to assist the cashier role if needed.

Aurora fully convinced me to drop the babysitting job because she didn't want me overwhelmed.

I disagreed at first.

But after a while, I realized that she had a point. So whenever the two of us couldn't absolutely find a time to watch over Ariella, which wasn't often since Aurora had started working from home a bit more, she called in a babysitter.

Honestly I had my doubts. If her and I met through my job, what was to stop her from falling for another woman the same way?

I knew better though. I couldn't imagine the blonde staring so lovingly at someone the way she does me.

"Cara?"

The voice of Aurora managed to get me out of my head. All of a sudden I remembered what was going on before I began to think of the past.

Today was December seventeenth and also the night of a Christmas Party with some coworkers from Ro's job. According to Aurora, it was an annual gathering that happened around Christmas time. Everyone was allowed to bring a plus one and I happened to be the blonde's date for this particular event.

My hair was slicked back into a ponytail. I wore minimal makeup, but brought it all together with a bold, red lip. A long green dress made of silk material clung onto my body with the exception of a slit on my right leg and I paired it with a pair of clear heels. I kept my jewelry simple and decided to only put in small, chunky golden hoops with a thin chained necklace and matching bracelet.

Aurora was dressed in a white long sleeve turtleneck with red trousers. She had did a blowout style on her hair before covering the top of her head with a Santa hat. We shared the same makeup look— only that her lips were painted a deeper red than my own and she had ditched the little bit of glitter that I tried to put on her. She wore heeled boots and threw on her normal golden rings and studded earrings.

Our outfits complimented one another perfectly.

But that's just my opinion.

Snapping out of my thoughts once more, I lifted my head from the mirror that I was standing in front of to answer Ro.

"Sorry, Yeah?"

"No need to apologize." her arms were wrapped around my waist with her chin popped up on my left shoulder, "You ready?"

"Yeah." I exhaled, placing my hands over her own.

She smiled at me through the floor length mirror, "You look so beautiful, amore mio."

"As do you." I replied with a blush.

She chuckled in my ear and it sent chills through my body. I hummed before turning around in her arms and pecking her lips a few times with a small smile. Her hands that were settled on my waist squeezed my hips in her grasp, causing my breath to hitch.

Aurora smirked menacingly, before applying one last peck to my lips, "I adore you, baby."

"I adore you more." I admitted.