𝟎𝟑

𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑠' 𝑝𝑜𝑣

"I'm not doing that." I protested against my best friend's offer.

Phoebe rolled her eyes with a smile stretched upon her full lips.

Phoebe and I had been best friends since preschool. After she told off someone for stealing my cookie (which my mom had baked the night before) I made it clear that she would never leave my side.

Her tanned skin was clear and full of freckles (especially on her face and arms), her almond shaped eyes were a dark coffee brown and they shined oh so brightly whenever she talked about whatever her rather large mind could think of, her nose was buttoned shaped with a slight upturn at the tip of it, and a single beauty mark lay beautifully underneath her eye which some people sometimes mistook for a tattoo.

These past eighteen years has been filled with laughs, tears, and multiple rewatches of The Vampire Diaries Universe, and I couldn't wait to do and experience more with the idiot that is known as my best friend.

"I'm just saying. She's hot." the outgoing redhead shrugged just before she went back to placing cookie dough onto the baking sheet.

"You want me to date a woman that I literally just met. She may be hot, but I'll pass." I took up the pan and slid it into the oven.

She snorted, "That's what you say, but I bet you that just before this week ends that hot blonde is going to have you wrapped around her finger. That's if she doesn't already. . ." her words trailed off bringing a blush to my cheeks.

I groaned with a small smile and looked away from her.

There was no denying the fact that Aurora is indeed. . . something special. Maybe I do find her attractive, and maybe I do start to feel nervous when faced with her beauty.

Is it wrong to feel that way?

I mean the woman was more than a couple of years older than me.

I was pulled from my inner thoughts when Phoebe's laughter bounced off of the walls of the apartment's kitchen.

"I'm just playing around, partially anyway. Let's finish these snacks quickly so we can binge watch The Vampire Diaries!" she exclaimed with a smile; the dimple on her right cheek deepening as she spoke.

I showcased a smile of my own before turning towards the fridge and pulling out a carton of rocky road ice cream.

"We're starting from season three this time." I stated while sliding towards the living area in my fuzzy socks.

The redhead snorted from behind me, her words somewhat sounding closer as she spoke which notified me that she was right behind me, "Your favorite season, for whatever reason."

I playfully rolled my eyes and lazily plopped myself onto the fluffy cushions, immediately pulling the top off of the frozen dessert.

"Keep an eye out for those cookies."

I pulled my dark green knitted turtleneck sweater over my black laced bra before bringing my locks of curled hair to fall loosely on my chest.

After checking over myself in the mirror once more I walked over to my queen sized bed (which had a lump under the white duvet because of a certain red head), and repeatedly tapped the snoring human on the head with the tip of my pointer finger until her snores stopped and her eyes fluttered open.

"I'm heading off to work. Your yogurt parfait is in the fridge for whenever you manage to get out of the bed." I spoke quietly — mainly because of how early it was.

The sun has already risen, and the bright light shined through my opened curtains without much effort.

I had to get used to this bright lighting in such an early time in the day because we had just entered November and Daylight Saving Time had ended which was causing a pain in my ass.

Phoebe smiled cheekily and spoke in a low voice, "This is why you're the best."

I rolled my eyes and laughed as for I knew that she was speaking of the yogurt parfait. Anytime she came over and spent a night she either suggested that or pancakes for breakfast, and I'd make them for us every time.

"Although you did wake me up at —" she peeked over at the nightstand where a digital clock sat beside a succulent, "seven forty-five in the morning, that breakfast is the only reason why you're not getting thrown out of your own home. Now be gone, I have four more hours of sleep left."

She shooed me away with her freshly manicured hand before pulling the covers over her head; a fiery red strand of hair peeking from underneath the comforter.

There's Phoebe for you.

I picked up a grey fluffed pillow from the white rug and threw it at her head before exiting my room with another laugh escaping my lips.

Surprisingly, she didn't come marching out of the room which made me think that she fell asleep just as quick as she was awoken.

With a shake of my head I checked my watch while grabbing my keys and purse and quickly noticed that five minutes had passed since I last checked the time. Once giving everything a once-over I slipped out of the apartment and locked the door behind me.

As I took the elevator from the third floor to the first, my thoughts were nothing but of what the little angel, Ariella, would question me about today.

With some shock, I was actually looking forward to seeing the little girl. She was energetic, cheerful, and had somewhat a lot of self control for a kid her age. I smiled to myself as I recalled yesterday's events with the cookies and milk. Before she had fallen asleep we watched her favorite movie, Sleeping Beauty, and stuffed our faces with the treats that we made.

The elevator sounded off a small ding signifying that it had came to a stop and was about to part open the steel door. I walked out of the small lift ( sending a small smile to those that I saw ) and passed the rather busy lobby until I was outside.

The sun shined down onto the city of honking horns, crowded sidewalks, and ripping talks about one's plans for the day ahead. A local bakery that I visited often sat in it's glorious state just across from the apartment building that I reside in. The owner and I were pretty close, due to the incalculable times that I'd visited the mid-sized shop.

I made a mental note to stop by the shop sometime this weekend.

I ripped my eyes away from the store of which hadn't opened just yet, and continued my journey to my car that wasn't too far from either buildings.