𝟎𝟒

𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑠' 𝑝𝑜𝑣

After hearing a faint 'come in' as a response to my knocking, I entered the house.

I shut the giant door behind me and peeked around the entrance in search for someone. A lot of noise was coming from the kitchen, so I entered it with caution, and what I saw in front of me cause me to stop in my tracks.

Both Aurora and Ariella were covered in flour from what seemed to be head to toe. A bag of flour was open and the area around them was covered in the white powder, starting from where they stood behind a counter, to the floor of the kitchen.

It looked like the aftermath of a snowball fight.

A white bowl sat in front of them, and it seemed to be full of other things that I could only guess was Ariella's doing.

They were baking . . . well trying to.

Not yet noticing my presence, Ariella dug a giant spoon into the bag of flour before dumping it into the big white bowl.

Aurora cringed, "I don't think that's how you do it, princess."

Ariella started mixing whatever ingredients that were in the bowl together, "This is how Iris made them last night. It has to be right." she mumbled cutely, her tongue slightly sliding past her small set of lips.

I smiled wildly when realizing that she was trying to make the oatmeal cookies from yesterday.

"Actually, you only needed one and one-thirds of a cup." I notified while walking towards the two who were doing nothing but making a mess.

Their heads shot up at the mention of my voice and while Ariella smiled brightly at me, Aurora began to vigorously wipe at her face that had flour on it.

"Iris!" the six year old screeched and hopped off of the counter (with the slight help of her mother), and she dashed over to me with open arms.

I bent down and welcomed her into a hug,
her arms tightening around my neck, holding onto me as if she'd never see me again.

"God, I cant help but to love your deadly hugs." I laughed.

She giggled and backed away, her eyes dropped down to my chest and she gave an apologetic look, "Oops."

I looked down at my chest to see flour on my jacket.

Luckily, I still had a sweater on underneath it, so the act itself didn't bother me much.

"It's alright, I have to wash tonight anyway." I reassured her with kind smile.

I looked up and spotted Aurora watching our interaction with a smile on her face. I blushed and looked back down at Ariella who was already staring up at me.

I pulled her into me and whispered, "How about you go watch something on the TV while I help your mom out?"

She smiled, "Only if you promise to make the cookies again."

I laughed and stuck out my pinky, "I promise."

She interlocked her smaller pinky with mines before running off, her blonde locks of hair bouncing behind her with each step she took.