𝟎𝟓

𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑠' 𝑝𝑜𝑣

"Are you any good at it?"

I softly smiled and looked over at Ariella, "I can play a song or two."

After I was forced to dance along with her for about an hour — she decided to give me a tour of the mansion.

Eventually after opening and closing many doors, she had pulled me into a room that held a piano. It was slightly smaller than the many other rooms, but it was still a sight to see.

A piano sat in a corner that had a window placed on each side, giving whoever played the instrument a magnificent sight. However, cream colored curtains were currently pulled in front of the windows. An abstract painting of a ballerina sat above a fireplace that was on the other side of the room, and a two seater couch was in front of that fireplace.

Ariella had managed to drag me over to the piano as I took in the space.

Now here we were.

She squealed and sat up, her knees placed firmly on the bench.

"Can you play it now?" she pleaded.

I studied her eyes, the color similar to her mother's which easily pulled me in.

"Sure." I whispered and helped her get situated in my lap.

An exhaled breath left my lips as I looked over the somewhat familiar keys.

Playing the piano was another hobby that I had besides baking. Although I don't do it as often as the other, it was still something I took joy in doing.

The last time I've actually touched the instrument was a few years back in high school when I performed for a talent show.

One of the best days of my teenage years.

I pondered on the bliss that I felt during that time.

I wore a teal fitted dress that stopped just before my ankles. My feet were painted with a white gel polish and accompanied by matching ankle strapped heels that boosted my height by three inches. Phoebe had insisted that my hair be straightened which was something new because my hair was naturally wavy. Everything was pulled together with small pieces of jewelry and light makeup.

I felt confident.

It wasn't necessarily shown on my face, but I believed that my fingers were skilled enough to take control.

And indeed they did.

Hundreds of hand claps were heard around the auditorium after I finished, and a dazzling smile shone brightly on my face.

The song I played was Hearing by Sleeping At Last.

That's what I decided on playing for the little girl that sat in my lap.

I let out a breath and carefully situated my fingers on the keys, trying my best to shake away the nerves.

Although I wasn't playing for such a huge crowd as I'd done before, I still felt the need to not mess up the piece around the six year old.