𝟎𝟕

𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑠'𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣

We continued to stare into each other's eyes, slowly leaning into one another.

Her low eyes flickered between my eyes and lips, just as mine did to hers. Her waves of hair were messily thrown over her head as a result of the many times that she ran her fingers through it, and in that moment I imagined replacing her hands with my own.

Neither of us made any attempts to move away from each other— until a car horn blew that is. At the sound, I widened my eyes and turned away from Aurora just before our lips could touch. I shifted my eyes over to an empty wineglasses as I bit down on my upper lip to contain a smile.

We were so close.

Aurora laughed lowly and shifted away from me to her original spot, seeming to enjoy the look full of panic on my face.

So close.

I grabbed ahold of the almost empty wine bottle and filled my glass up once more, avoiding eye contact with the blonde.

"Sorry." I mumbled after a while.

"For what?"

Aurora's response came out as genuine wonder which confused me. Hadn't she thought that, that was unprofessional? Maybe she thought that I was just admiring her eyes, or maybe she wanted the kiss just as I did. That'd explain why she also moved toward me. I can't be too sure though.

Maybe I was just hallucinating it all.

"For almost. . . yknow." I clarified, trying to ease my nerves by taking a few sips of the wine in my hand.

I looked over at her only to catch her eyes already on me as she lazily played with a ring on her hand. Her face didn't hold much regret or any other negative emotion for that matter which made me somewhat feel better about the situation.

Maybe she liked it.

Her lipstick stained lips curved into a smile, "That's nothing to be sorry for. I mean I can admit that I was hoping for it, but we're both just as tipsy. Our minds are nothing but a jumbled mess."

I nodded slowly and returned my gaze back to the wine in my hand, watching as the liquid freely swirled around in the glass. She'd basically just confessed to wanting the kiss, but she also threw in the fact of how many glasses of wine we've had.

"We're both just as tipsy."

She's right.

Neither of us are thinking straight.

I blew out a breath and gulped down the rest of my drink, ignoring her stare on the side of my face as I did so. Once done, I turned towards the door and stumbled into my home.

I lowly cursed myself as I placed the empty glass in the sink. My thoughts were indeed jumbled, but that wasn't because of the wine.

It was because of her.

Every since I first encountered the blonde I've always been intimidated by her. She terrified me in the best way possible. Her taunting smirk made me squirm, the styled metal on her fingers always brought a sense of wonder, and the way she spoke to me, so softly that is, made me want to grab ahold of her face and pull her into a life changing kiss.