𝟐𝟎

𝑎𝑢𝑟𝑜𝑟𝑎'𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣

Iris had done an amazing job at helping me gather myself after past events. Our little moment of comfort had reminded me of just how much I loved her. She was right about not letting Evelyn get to me. This was our first Christmas together, and I wasn't going to allow someone from my past to come in and ruin that for us. Ariella and I didn't deserve that and Iris sure as hell didn't either.

I was currently touching up my makeup while Iris stood beside me calling to check up on Ariella, Phoebe, and her mom's whereabouts.

"They're just over at the bakery."

I turned my attention away from my reflection to face my breathtaking lover.

Her hair was pulled up into a bun, which allowed her soft, dainty features to be exposed. Her rose-colored lips were painted over with a slight gloss that gave them a shine. As she blinked at me, her long lashes kissed her upper cheeks. I smiled internally at the twitch of her dimples revealing themselves.

God am I whipped.

"How come it isn't closed for the holiday?" I questioned her, making a move to wrap my arms around her torso.

The younger woman smiled up at me before placing a delicate kiss to my lips, "No idea, but it sounded like Ariella is having a blast."

I fake pouted, "You guys are trying to fatten up my kid."

"I told you, baby. A life full of sweetness." Iris giggled.

"Yeah yeah. Lo capisco." I mumbled.

Iris flashed me a big smile before winking at me, "Good."

The shock on my face caused her to laugh loudly.

"I've been studying a little, amore mio."

"I adore you so damn much." I whispered, running my thumb over her bottom lip.

She took my finger into her mouth, wetting it with her tongue and saliva, "You can show me just how much you adore me another time. We've still got Christmas activities to accomplish."

"Just five minutes." I bargained with a pout.

She shook her head with a smirk, "Keep it in your pants."

𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑑 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛'𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣

Aurora and Iris had met up with the other three girls earlier on that day where they relocated to the Romane residence. While the sun was still up, the group of five had an intense snowball fight. You would think that everyone would go easy on the six year old, but Ms. Heather was the only woman to defend the little girl. Phoebe was relentless with her throws, aiming for faces and even going as far as to stuff a handful of ice in Iris' coat when she was distracted. Eventually, everyone came back to the reality of the cold air and ran inside of the home with laughter following after them.

Dinner was cheerful; smiles were stuck on everyone's faces, tiramisu was passed down as dessert, and Aurora's brother and his wife had even stopped by to share the joyful spirit with the others.

After dinner came the game that had everyone screaming at the top of their lungs and jumping out of their seats.

Charades.

"I saw?" Ava, Daniel's wife, guessed.

Iris nodded vigorously before she began to pucker her lips together, aggressively making out with the empty space in front of her.