𝟏𝟑

𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑑 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛'𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣

Iris stood standing five feet away from Aurora with a scowl on her face.

"You can't provide for me forever. It's not right, Ro." the brunette argued, subconsciously shifting her weight onto one leg.

Aurora rolled her eyes. They had been arguing—no, disagreeing about this topic for the past week, and the blonde didn't understand why the other wouldn't just accept her wealth. She had never seen someone so stubborn. Someone who would rather work a 9-5 than accept all of the money that's being willingly given to them.

This past week had been full of Iris feeling as if she needed another job. She didn't like the idea of watching Ariella just to get paid in return by her mother who she had kissed and had sex with.

It seemed. . . like cheating.

The brunette wanted to file an application at the bakery across from her apartment building. She would schedule a time to be able to work and still look after the young girl that she's grown extremely fond of. But accepting money from Aurora just didn't seem right to her anymore.

On the other hand, Aurora was used to showering her partners with money. It wasn't meant to be a bragging matter, but she rather them sit around and relax while she continued to provide for them all. Her company was doing outstanding, therefore her income could never be better.

"I just don't understand, cara. . . I want to share everything of mine with you. You deserve it. There's no need for you to get another job. If you want me to stop paying you— fine, but money is the least of our worries." Aurora desperately attempted to get Iris to understand her point.

The blonde took the risk of taking a few steps towards her— what exactly were they?

As the realization hit for her, the idea also seemed to pass Iris by. They hadn't even started their dating stage, yet Aurora had put everything on the line for the brunette.

"You promise all these things to me and still we have yet to become something more than fuck buddies--"

The blonde scoffed with a shake of her head, "Fuck buddies?" a chuckle escaped past her wine painted lips, "Is that what you see us as?"

Iris let the weight of her choice of words sink in and she instantly regretted it.

Her eyes gravitated over to the open window of her apartment, where the wind whistled softly. The outside seemed calm for once; cars slowly drove by, snow fell from above like rain, and the sky was dark as ever. However, the atmosphere inside the two bedroom apartment was tense.

Iris hadn't meant for those words to leave her lips. Aurora and her had done more than just attend to each other's sexual needs. In fact, they had been on plenty of small dates with one another and even after-school picnics with Ariella.

So why did those words slip out? Did Iris want more out of the relationship? Did she actually mean what was said?

"That's not what I meant." Iris rasped out, feeling her vision become distorted.

There was nothing that the woman hated more than crying. Especially in front of others.

Bless her sensitive soul.

Aurora took notice of the water forming in the brunette's eyelids, the way her bottom lip slightly began to quiver, and the constant fidgeting of her fingers hugging another.

Her gaze softened onto the shorter woman as she made the movement to comfort her.

With wide arms, she pulled Iris into a soft, tender hug, "I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to upset you."