𝟎𝟖

𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑠'𝑠 𝑝𝑜𝑣

"Tell. Me. Everything."

My cheeks warmed as I tried my best to ignore my best friend's stare.

It's the next morning, and Phoebe and I are the only ones up. My mom is still sleeping peacefully in my bedroom, and Aurora and Ariella are still in the guest room.

I thought that it would be nice to make breakfast for everyone, so I woke up earlier today. The only reason that my best friend is wide awake happens to be because she claimed that she wanted to help out in the kitchen. However, she has only been using this time to poke at me about what happened between Aurora and I last night.

I refused to tell her anything.

"There's nothing to tell." I replied softly, sliding a pan full of bacon out of the oven.

Phoebe scoffed, "Bull-fucking-shit." she waited til I passed by her to yank me towards her by the arm, "I walked in to see you both about ready to tongue each other down, and you're gonna lie and say 'there's nothing to tell'?"

I inhaled sharply as flashbacks from the encounter Aurora and I had before Phoebe interrupted began to resurface.

I remember the feeling of the blonde's fingers pressing softly into my skin, the warm, adoring touch sending a flutter of pleasure through my entire being. She had held me so close to her and touched me so tenderly as if I was a rose full of thorns.

Beautiful.

The woman had called me beautiful, — in more ways than one — and it caused my legs to tremble and my eyes to flutter close. It wasn't just all about what she said, but also how she said it. Her voice was comparable with that of a mystical waterfall; light and calming. But also like silk; alluring and expensive. When the woman spoke to me so gently as she did all I wanted to do was give up the little control that I had over my body.

"She's definitely got you wrapped around her finger." Phoebe snorted, eyes studying me, "Your face says it all."

"Shut up." I mumbled, poorly attempting to hide the smile on my face as I maneuvered over to a cabinet, searching for plates.

The redhead finally decided to hop off of the counter that she was practically glued on, and help me set the table for everyone.

As I was finishing pouring orange juice into all of the glasses around the table, the delicate sound of tiny, running, footsteps came rushing towards Phoebe and I's direction.

I knew who it was without having to think twice, so I placed down the glass and jug of juice before opening my arms wide, a smile on my face as I waited for the young girl to come crashing into them.

Just five seconds later, I was tightly hugging Ariella, lying on my back due to the force that I was hit with. The six year old giggled along with me at our own antics, not noticing the pairs of eyes on us as of yet.

Hugging Ariella had become a habit.

Dare I say, a very good habit. Who knew how much a small hug from such a tiny being could bring me so much serotonin?