19 🐺

After the dinner they had at Jin's parents' house, they never spoke again. It was as if Jin was ignoring him, and it really made him feel down. He really wants to see Jin and have a conversation with him.

So, for this specific reason, he decided to come back home early today. Usually, when he arrives, Jin is already fast asleep.

He walked into the quiet house, curious about Jin's whereabouts. He approached Mrs. Cha and inquired about him, to which she replied that Jin was out in the garden.

He quickly freshened up and headed straight to the garden. There, he spotted Jin sitting on the grass, surrounded by a collection of books and typing away on his laptop.

It was as if Jin could smell Namjoon's presence, as he immediately turned his head towards him.

With a gentle smile, Namjoon walked over and settled down next to Jin on the grass.

"You came back early today." Jin remarked , taking a sip from his iced coffee.

He noticed Jin's busy facade, typing away on his laptop, pretending that everything was going well between them.

"Why didn't you do your work in my room?" Namjoon asked, a hint of longing in his voice. His room had been lacking that comforting marshmallow scent for a few weeks now.

"I just wanted to enjoy the fresh air," Jin replied casually, shrugging his shoulders. He tried his best to avoid Namjoon, keeping their interactions to a minimum.

Namjoon just nodded quietly, feeling down. He realized that his anger had gotten the best of him during the dinner, causing him to react without thinking straight.

"When's your brother's wedding?" Namjoon asked, straightening his legs and meeting Jin's gaze.

"After few months," Jin replied, his voice lacking any excitement, his fingers pausing for just a fraction of a second before he resumed typing.

Namjoon noticed it. The air between them felt stale, as if they were both pretending that everything was fine and carrying on with casual conversation.

But there was an undeniable distance hanging between them, like an unspoken tension in the room.

"Why did you come early today?" Jin asked, glancing at him for a moment before returning his gaze to his own laptop screen.

"We need to have a conversation," Namjoon sighed, pushing the books away and moving closer to Jin, his expression filled with concern.

He wanted to address the tension between them and find a way to reconnect.

"Do we?" Seokjin looked up, feeling his heart thumping in his chest. He couldn't help but wonder what Namjoon wanted to talk about now.

"Yes and can you please stop doing your work for a moment." Namjoon asked , his voice not commanding or anything.

Seokjin let out a sigh and reluctantly closed his laptop. He felt like he had no other choice but to comply since Namjoon's gaze was so intense.

It was hard to pretend to work when it felt like Namjoon could see right through him.

"What do you want to talk about?" Seokjin asked, hesitantly looking up at Namjoon.

"Why are you ignoring me, Mallow?" Namjoon asked, his voice sounding blank, but his eyes revealing a sense of darkness.

"I'm not ignoring you," Seokjin said, his voice soft and averted his gaze, unable to meet Namjoon's eyes.

"You are," Namjoon sighed, standing up and holding his hand in front of Jin.

Jin felt a wave of confusion wash over him as he tried to make sense of Namjoon's actions.