Section 1: Cathedral

Cathedral

Backstory:

Chapter 1: Martyn Point of View

"Martyn!" Mother called.

I dreamily wondered down the oak staircase, my fingers drumming against the railing. I rubbed my tired eyes, as I looked up at my mother. She stood there; her dark brown hair piled up in a bun that sat wobbling on the top of her head. I slipped onto a chair, as my shoes squeaked against the floors.

"What are we doing today, mother?" I asked, fingers lingering on the title of the newspaper. The elves have declared war against the human government, after the eleven-king returned from rouge.

"You are going to help you-ah!" I jumped at the sudden noise, and I looked up to see my mother splashing water onto the stove top. I stretched my neck, trying to get a better look at what had happened.

Pearl jogged towards mother, but stopped abruptly in her tracks as a whip of hair was slapped onto her face. I heard mom gasp, as she franticly apologized.

Pearl gently guided mother away from the kitchen to check her for wounds, and I finally got a good look at what had happened.

Oil was splattered against the counter, the shattered glass container lay on the floor, some shards darting into the fire. It appears some oil had flown into the fire and caused an explosion.

I was about to go investigate the crime scene, when a pair of cold, calloused hands pulled me back firmly.

I looked up to see Pearl, her brown eyes weary and coated with tiredness, her face haggard.

"Martyn, I need you to be responsible." Pearl said, her voice firm and full of cautiousness.

"What-what do you mean?" I staggered, my voice flimsy and frail.

"I need you to go catch some fish to cook, potentially dolphins to sell." She said, her voice growing as she emphasized on the word need.

I stared, my jaw dropping to floor like thunder, my eyes bulging. I felt like this was the best day of my life, the day I have been waiting for ever since I was a little boy.

But now, standing on the old spruce docks of Utopia, looking out towards the blazing sun that casted a warm pearlescent glow on the shimmering ocean waters, I really questioned my choices.

Chapter 2: Phoenix Point of View

"Lizzie! Wait up!" I called, as I furiously tried to catch up with her. Lizzie was the daughter of the royal family, the heir to the throne. She was also the fastest swimmer the world had seen in centuries! She would wave elegantly her cyan tail that was embedded with jewels that glimmered in the afternoon sun, and just like that, she would be out of sight in a blink of an eye.

I panted, as I flopped my pastel orange tail, my webbed fingers brushing my cyan hair out of my face. Some would say I'm unique, with my elven ears, one orange and one deep sea blue eye, cyan hair that was laced with orange, and my amazing taste of style. However, most people would say I'm questionably weird.

I smirked, knowing exactly what was going to get me to win my race with Lizzie. I took in a deep breath, and I felt the tingling power of magic surge through my veins. The exhilarating feeling of sorcery spread through my body, my eyes glowing a lavender light.

But just as I was about to open my mouth, I stopped dead in my tracks.

My gaze caught a beautiful young man, his windswept hair flying in front of his chocolate brown eyes. He lifted his arms, as he gracefully pulled his net out of glimmering water. He smirked, as he fingered his curly, muddy tanned hair.