13. Smart Aleck

I can't exactly say this week has been the best week of my life, it's on my favorites list. I've never had someone care about me as much as Sebastian. He's more than willing to buy anything I crave. Even if he has to go all the way across town. Unlike other guys, he respects my boundaries. Some of them definitely would have taken advantage of any opportunity given to them. Somehow, Sebastian never craves sex. It's almost suspicious.

"Hey, what's your plans for today?" Sebastian asked as I walked out of the bathroom. "Since we already started on the bathroom, I was thinking I could get a little break."

"I wasn't planning to do much today," I admitted. "Stacey and I were going to hang out again. Mr. Whitlock also wanted to go over a few things with me. I'm all yours after that."

"Are you sure Stacey is willing to cancel with you?"

"Stacey has other friends. I'm not the only one willing to hang out with her."

"Oh..."

The look on Sebastian's face was a bit suspicious, but I was willing to bet I was paranoid. I've never had a man pay this much attention to me. Stacey has warned me to be cautious, and I know she means well, but I can't help that I'm too relaxed around him.

"I'll leave you to it then. Just call me when you're on the way back," Sebastian said.

"Sure." I watched him leave my room without another word. Once he was gone, I got dressed and sent a text to our company group chat. They always like when I bring food from home, so today is their lucky day. Last night, I was feeling a little generous, so I made extra cheesesteaks. Bastian and I had eaten our share, so it was only logical to give the rest away. I'm not too fond of eating leftovers.

"Bye, Bastian!" I called out. "I'll try to be home a little after lunch. Call me if you need anything."

"Of course, Rox!" he called back.

The drive to work was silent, besides the station I was playing. Stacey always likes to listen to R&B, so I'm always cautious when it comes to turning on the radio. I never know what to expect.

I walked into the building, balancing the tray in one hand and my keys, coffee, and ID in the other. Maison just happened to be standing in front of the elevators. How convenient.

"Maison!" I called out. He looked my way and smiled. "Could you be a dear and help me?"

"Could I not?" he asked, still smiling. "Hand it over, sweetness. Sebastian couldn't help?"

"Sebastian still has work to do. If he keeps this up, then he can finish my bathroom in record time."

"Then, he's out of your hair 24/7..."

I chose to ignore that. I don't know if Maison is jealous or just being himself. I've never known him to be this aggressive towards guys I come in contact with every day. I bet if I said I had a crush on Mr. Whitlock, he'd laugh in my face and tell me to dream on. How is me dating Sebastian different from me flirting with every guy I think is hot?

"I thought you didn't have to come in today," Maison noted.

"Mr. Whitlock wanted to talk to me about something. I had to cancel my plans with Stacey." I shrugged.

"Stacey's been hogging you a lot lately."

"Stacey's being Stacey. She works from home nowadays. I wouldn't be surprised if she's bored a lot. Nisha and the others will probably keep her company today."

"After you're finished with Whitlock, I need to talk to you about something."

"How important is it?" I joked. Maison opened his mouth. "Just kidding. We can have lunch, if you want."