6. Competition

You know how you get so excited for something and you can't wait to have the best time of your life, but someone comes along and steals your thunder? That's exactly how I felt when Stacey showed me the "friends" we'd be hanging with. Of course she picks everyone I hate with a passion. They didn't bother hiding their dislike for me, so I didn't hide mine. If not for Stacey, we all would have gone back home.

I was cool with most of the girls we tended to hang with from time to time. I didn't have many problems with them, but when Jocelyn shows up, all Hell breaks loose. Everyone turns on me and I'm left to fend for myself. Stacey clearly sees when I'm being ostracized, but she never does anything about it. I never complain. I hate when she fights for me anyway.

"Well, if it isn't our favorite interior designer." Jocelyn simpered, looking quite pleased with herself. We hadn't changed into our bathing suits yet, but she looked like she already had. "How's life been? Still owning mommy and daddy money?"

"What's it to you, Ditzy?" I raised a brow in return. No smirk, just casual talk. "How's Shawn? Or was it Dean? Wait...Mikey? No, Chase, Tristan, Milo, Walter, Zane, Adam, Gavin, or Matthew?"

Everyone around us chuckled.

"Th-that's none of your business!"

"I thought so. Since I can't know who you're currently sleeping with, then why should you know what I owe my parents?"

Stacey grunted in agreement, but told all of us to go get dressed. I was so ready to show Jocelyn that I could definitely look better than her. She may have the looks most of the time, but I work hard for the body I have. Or at least I hope it looks like I do.

Jocelyn and I were the last to change. When I stepped out of the bathroom, everyone gasped and praised me for my look. Stacey grinned. She had been the one to pick it out for me. I thought it looked great anyhow. I wasn't a fan of any shade of pink, but this one did wonders for my body. With the little skirt and jacket, it covers what I want covered until we get to the beach.

 With the little skirt and jacket, it covers what I want covered until we get to the beach

When Jocelyn finally came out, everyone flocked to her. I was left standing with Stacey who couldn't care less about anything Jocelyn did. They parted to let her through and I saw what she was wearing. It was gorgeous! A simple black two piece with a transparent, dress-like covering. It had yellow butterflies sewn into it and it made me so jealous. She was showing everything, so every guy walking past us took a long glance at her. Of course, she looked perfect.

 Of course, she looked perfect