Chapter 68

Autumn in Rongchang Port seems to come much earlier than in other places.

When Xu Zhengrong first came here, he planted a small tree in front of the door. He said that he wanted to commemorate the time when Huaixiang first came to Asui's belly, and wanted the sapling to grow up with the little boy.

A few months passed by, and the little tree didn't grow much, but the small green leaves gradually turned curly and yellow.

Ah Shui was very happy. There was no way to count the days in this place. Everyone relied on the information from fallen leaves to distinguish the four seasons.

The little brother has always kept Xu Zhengrong's words in his heart, knowing that autumn is the day when the Feng family fleet will turn around and return home together.

But the leaves have been yellowing for several days. Looking at the sea every day, the Feng family's fleet has not come over yet. Ah Shui is sensitive and thoughtful at this time, so he can't help but worry quietly.

"Did you encounter any trouble on the sea route?"

"Autumn is always very short. If we come here a few days later, we may have to catch up with the sea."

According to the rules of Xu State, in order to allow the sea to recuperate, neither merchant ships nor fishing boats are allowed to enter the sea every winter. It is for this reason that slow-moving fleets are often forced to stay in foreign countries due to delays. A foreign country.

Xu Zhengrong was unsure, but he still trusted Feng Jun's character, so he comforted him: "Don't worry too much, the Feng family fleet has been at sea for so many years, and you still understand these basic rules. Let's wait patiently."

"And it's just autumn now. Even if autumn is short, it will take three months to pass. I think you are too impatient."

What's more, second brother Xu Zhengyang is still on the boat.

In Xu Zhengrong's impression, his second brother was timid and timid, and would often subconsciously run away from something big. But he didn't expect that when he met Feng Xiaomei, he really changed his temper.

Not only did they insist on boarding the merchant ship, but they also obeyed Feng Jun's arrangements and stayed on the ship to do coolies. They were extremely busy day by day. Although they were on the same merchant ship, it was difficult for the two brothers to even talk to each other. one sentence

Even the news that Ah Shui was pregnant was waiting for the merchant ship to set sail, and Xu Zhengrong took Ah Shui with him. Xu Zhengyang only found out when they were all in Rongchang Port.

I don't know how the second brother gets along with the squeamish and willful Miss Feng?

With this in mind, Xu Zhengrong began to miss the Feng family's merchant ship just like Ah Shui.

But soon, the thought of waiting was replaced by anxiety and joy.

Ah Shui held her stomach in pain all night long. Xu Zhengrong had made arrangements a long time ago and even forced the old doctor to move to the side of the inn and be on call at any time.

But when it came to such a critical moment, even Xu Zhengrong, who had always been calm and steady, started to panic.

The old doctor and the nearby Wen Po went back and forth in the room for a long time. Xu Zhengrong stood aside at a loss. For the first time, he felt superfluous about Ah Shui's matter.

Although Ah Shui was very tired, he still tried his best to open his eyes, weakly put his hand in the direction of Xu Zhengrong, and said softly: "I'm a little scared, can you hold my hand?"

"As long as Brother Xu holds my hand, there is nothing to be afraid of."

Xu Zhengrong was already hurting Ah Shui so much, but now seeing Ah Shui's pale and weak appearance, he hurriedly approached Ah Shui without a moment's hesitation, half-crouched in front of the bed, and held his cold hand tightly, as if this would help him. It seemed like it could give Ah Shui strength.

For Xu Zhengrong, this may have been the most painful night, but luckily it passed after all.

Fortunately, he had prepared a lot of clothes for the little cub in advance. After picking and choosing, he finally found a beautiful autumn clothes suitable for the little brother. He happily twitched his beard and said to Xu Zhengrong: "Although it looks wrinkled now. Ugly, but with such good-looking parents as you and Ah Shui, I'm sure they won't be any different in the future."

The old doctor really likes a well-behaved little brother like Ah Shui. Although he has been ordered around by Xu Zhengrong in the past few months, he is still very happy now. He also wants to say some words of congratulations, but Xu Zhengrong stops him. Zhengrong interrupted ruthlessly.

"Can you take him to the next door to rest? Ah Shui is tired and you are disturbing him."

The old doctor choked up in anger at Xu Zhengrong's words, "You have a dog's temper! Ah Shui is the only one who spoils you!"

After cursing, he hugged the baby and left.

Ah Shui closed his eyes. He was so tired that even the old doctor's loud voice didn't wake him up.

Xu Zhengrong moved a small bench and sat next to his bed. After all, he was a tall man of 1.89 meters. The small bench was so small that it made him feel a little aggrieved.

But Xu Zhengrong didn't care about this. He first took the freshly twisted hot towel. Carefully wiped away the beads of sweat on Ah Shui's forehead that had not yet had time to roll down.

When the little brother turned his head with some resistance, Xu Zhengrong stopped what he was doing, kissed his forehead, and whispered: "Thank you, thank you for your hard work."

As if hearing these six words, Ah Shui's brows, which were originally frowned due to discomfort, slowly relaxed.

Because he had experienced a long apocalyptic pursuit in his previous life, Xu Zhengrong had always been accustomed to wandering and instability, but he never thought that one day he would actually be able to live a stable life and have a lover who could support each other and move forward.

Even Xu Zhengrong, who didn't believe in fate, couldn't help but thank fate.

........................

Ah Shui rested for two days and felt better.

After the little brother opened his eyes, the first thing he did was touch his belly. When he found that his belly was flat, he panicked for a moment. He grabbed Xu Zhengrong's sleeve tightly and asked, "Where is nostalgia?"

Xu Zhengrong pointed to the small cradle placed beside the bed: "Here, he's sleeping soundly. I'll take it over and show it to you."

This small wooden cradle was made by Xu Zhengrong based on the memory of his previous life. He drew a sketch and asked the best carpenter in the port to make it. It is just right for use now.

Ah Shui quickly shook his head, "I'd better get up and see him by myself, don't wake him up."

As he spoke, he sat up using the bed board. When Xu Zhengrong took a look, he felt a little disgusted in his heart and muttered reluctantly: "I just need to be gentler, how could it be so valuable?"

Ah Shui ignored him, "Grandma said that children are easily frightened, so it's better to take precautions."

"..."

In desperation, Xu Zhengrong had no choice but to help Ah Shui up, and together they went to see the baby who was sleeping soundly. On one side of his face, he caught a glimpse of Ah Shui's happy and gentle look at the baby, and he suddenly felt a sense of crisis in his heart.

Xu Zhengrong thought for a moment, cleared his throat and said, "Newborn children are all ugly and not very attractive."

But she got a disapproving look from Ah Shui: "It's obviously super cute, but I can't get enough of it."

Xu Zhengrong: "..."

Why does it feel like this child hasn't learned to speak yet and has already learned to compete with his father?