Chapter 22 Can medicinal wine and fruit wine be successful?

Although Ah Shui kept saying it was okay, Kidou'er still looked at it suspiciously for several times. He really couldn't see any clues and had to continue eating the meat pie.

Being interrupted by the child, the awkward mood subsided a lot. Although Ah Shui's face was still very red, his breath was calm after all: "Brother Xu, why did you suddenly think of asking this?"

"People in Qingxi Township are reluctant to spend money and don't drink much, but Qingxi Town is different. It is close to the dock, and a lot of wine is shipped from the sea. There is also a lot of wine in the town that is sold to other places. Go, so there are a lot of people selling alcohol in the old street. As for how much money they make, I don't know."

After honestly telling Xu Zhengrong all the information he knew, Ah Shui had a puzzled look on his face: "Is Brother Xu planning to start a wine business?"

Xu Zhengrong did have this plan, and he also came up with an alternative idea for this purpose, which was to make fruit wine and medicinal wine.

The mountains on the back of Qingxi Township are quite rich in products. When he went up the mountain that day, he recognized many wild fruit trees on the mountain that were suitable for making fruit wine. He must have seen the mountains full of fruits in the summer.

Moreover, the wild fruits on the mountains are ownerless. The villagers are busy with summer farming. Except for peasant women and children who pick them, almost no one cares about the wild fruits. Instead of letting most of the fruits rot in the mountains or be eaten by birds, it is better to It is better to use them to make wine-making materials, which can save money on materials and make money at no cost.

Through hazy memories, Xu Zhengrong knew that wine was quite attractive to the men of Xu State. At least the original owner had shamelessly asked money from his eldest brother to buy wine at the liquor store many times.

However, I don't know if it was because of the low price, but the quality of the wines that the original owner drank was really not very good. Even in the eyes of an expert like Xu Zhengrong, who was once obsessed with collecting famous wines, he could only use the words "low-quality wine" Words to describe.

It was such low-quality wine that could lure the original owner to sneak out for a drink every two days. Xu Zhengrong had a vague feeling that wine making might be a good way to make money.

Although he was making thousands of plans in his heart, Xu Zhengrong didn't reveal anything on his face. He just responded vaguely: "I have this plan, but I haven't thought about the details yet. After all, I am already a eldest brother. It is not easy for a big brother and sister-in-law to take care of the family. I I also want to find a way out and share some of the burden for them."

Xu Zhengrong had heard some bad reviews about Ah Shui in the village before. Everyone said that he was a coward who only knew how to suck the blood of his brothers and sisters-in-law. They often used him as a negative example for educating children.

Because of this, Ah Shui's original impression of Xu Zhengrong was not very good.

It was not until later that he was rescued by Xu Zhengrong, and he was grateful that he had a lot of contact with Xu Zhengrong. After several contacts, he gradually discovered that Brother Xu seemed to be different from what was said in the rumors.

Just like now, Brother Xu is quite motivated.

Ah Shui's bright black eyes were shining, and he smiled sweetly at Xu Zhengrong: "That's good! Brother Xu, you have always been lucky. If you work hard, you will definitely succeed!"

This was the first time that the little brother showed an unguarded smile in front of him. Xu Zhengrong was attracted by the small pear dimple on the side of his face. He was such a good talker, but he was so stupidly stunned and scratched. Head, he laughed twice.

He had a general idea in his mind, coupled with his little brother's unreserved trust and support, he was very motivated for a while. By the time Jiang Dou'er finished eating the meat pie and was still licking his fingers, Xu Zhengrong was already walking along the market. After a round, I had several more gourds of wine in my hand.

He also called it euphemistically: "Know yourself and the enemy, and you can fight a hundred battles without danger." He found several wine shops that seemed to be doing good business, and chose the best wine. When he went back, he tasted it, which was considered to be studying the market.

Kidou'er took a look at the gourd that her uncle was carrying, and was so scared that she couldn't even hold her hands. The little one had just reached Xu Zhengrong's knees, and it almost jumped up when it raised its head. It was so fierce. He yelled: "Uncle, you spend money randomly again! I'm going to tell daddy!"

Little Guitou, not only is he not afraid of him now, but he has actually learned to threaten him!

Xu Zhengrong freed up a hand without hesitation, raised his index finger, and flicked his forehead with a "bang": "What do children know? Your uncle and I call this researching the market. Let's try it later and see if we can You can't make wine any better than these wine shops."

Kidou'er couldn't understand what Xu Zhengrong was talking about about business, so he just covered his head and hid behind Ah Shui with a "Ah" sound.

Ah Shui protected the child with one hand and looked at Xu Zhengrong with worried eyes.

Ah Shui originally thought that the business Xu Zhengrong meant was wholesale wine from the wine shop and sell it at retail in order to make some profit, but he didn't expect that he actually planned to make wine.

It's not that he doesn't trust Xu Zhengrong, it's just that making wine is a craft job, and most of it is a secret skill passed down from ancestors. Does Brother Xu know how to make wine?

Just looking at Xu Zhengrong's confident look, he was too embarrassed to speak out, so even though he had many words of advice, he kept silent.

I secretly thought that after Brother Xu tried it and knew the difficulties of making wine, he might give up this unreliable plan.

Xu Zhengrong couldn't see the faint worry floating in Ah Shui's eyes.

It is completely normal to have this kind of worry.

Although Xu State has a brewing industry, it is not as prosperous as that of later generations. Many people in Xu State do not even understand the most basic brewing process. The original owner is just a reckless man who has not seen much of the world in the countryside. It is not surprising. Ah Shui doesn't trust him.

Xu Zhengrong didn't explain too much to Ah Shui. He silently lifted up the wine gourd he was carrying and said, "It's getting late. Do you want to go to the street again to see if there is anything you want?" Yes, I happened to buy them together."

Kidou'er and Ah Shui were quickly distracted by the dazzling array of products on the old street.

First, he picked out some household items that were in short supply at home. Xu Zhengrong even fulfilled his promise to Kidou'er and weighed a full two kilograms of pork belly at the butcher shop, which only made the child so happy that he couldn't close his mouth.

Ah Shui didn't dare to spend money as lavishly as he did. He squeezed the copper coins tightly in his hands and sweated, and then exchanged them for a small handful of white rice.

The price of white rice is much more expensive than brown rice. If it weren't for the fact that grandma has always been thinking about a mouthful of white porridge, he would never give it up.

After everything was purchased, Xu Zhengrong picked up three or four fluffy little yellow ducks from a stall in some corner. They looked so cute when they were squeezed into a small bamboo cage.

There were a lot of broken things in total, and when they were put on the ox cart, the driver often made some trivial remarks.

Xu Zhengrong was annoyed by his constant chattering, so he simply handed over a few large coins, which was enough to wrap up the entire oxcart.