Chapter 42

"You! Well done to you!"

Yang Chang laughed angrily, staggered to his feet while holding his wound, and waved to the Yamen servant who was lying in front of him and yelling: "Let's go!"

Xu Zhengrong was satisfied with the beating, and was still thinking about doing business, so he just looked at him with a sneer, picked up a small sharp knife on the stall, and made two threatening gestures: "If you dare to come again next time, I'm not taking action, I'm going under the knife!"

As soon as Yang Chang saw the shining tip of the knife, he immediately took a breath of cold air. He cherished his life very much. He was afraid of his life if he was violent. He no longer cared about face and shame, and almost turned his head and ran away.

The old man selling straw sandals was originally hiding behind the shop, hugging the pillar and shivering. Now he took a peek and saw that Yang Chang and others were running away. He immediately crawled out in a panic. The way he looked at Xu Zhengrong changed, and he advised: "Ouch. Young man! Let's go quickly! He has someone in the yamen. You offended him today, so you feel happy for a moment. When he turns around and calls for reinforcements, you will feel better!"

Ah Shui was even more angry than Xu Zhengrong. He held the tofu puffs that were already cold and unpalatable in his heart, and cursed with his small mouth: "It's his fault in the first place, why should we run away! Even if we are officials Yeah, you can't bully the people like this!"

Xu Zhengrong high-fived and supported with approval: "What Ah Shui said is right. Today, he wants to go too far and brings his guys to the door to steal money. Even if it means going to the official, we are all right." of!"

It turned out to be two stupid young men! No matter how much I try to persuade you, there's nothing you can do!

The man selling straw sandals was completely speechless and deliberately moved his stall to the side. He didn't want to have anything to do with Xu Zhengrong, so as not to bring disaster to Chi Yu.

Mrs. Xu Yao was not as easy to fool as Ah Shui. Seeing the stall open, she took Xu Zhengrong aside while Ah Shui was collecting the bill and asked about the countermeasures: "They say that beating a dog depends on the owner. How about you?" Is there really no problem if the officials beat me?"

Xu Zhengrong grinned, which reassured his sister-in-law: "Sister-in-law, you also said that even if you beat a dog, it depends on the owner. Since Yang Chang is just a dog, doesn't it just matter if he coaxes the owner? What are you afraid of? "

Mrs. Xu Yao didn't understand what he was talking about in circles, so she couldn't help but roll her eyes: "How can I not be afraid? Do you understand the principle of people not fighting with officials?"

"But what kind of official is Yang Chang? The reason why he is so arrogant now, doesn't it depend on the official's liking? What does the official like? What he likes most is naturally money. If we give enough money, a Yang Chang What does it matter?"

"Have you given me enough money?" Mrs. Xu Yao said with a pained face, "What you said is easy. Where can we get so much money?"

Xu Zhengrong waved his hand casually: "Then don't worry about it. We don't have much money now, but when the brewed wine is sold on the market, will we still worry about not having money?"

Seeing his lack of heart, Mrs. Xu Yao sighed heavily, determined to keep the stall going and save more money, lest something really happened and she wouldn't have no money to pay for it.

It was just a small twist, and Xu Zhengrong quickly forgot about it.

Probably because of the loss, Yang Chang didn't show up in the old street for several days. Therefore, their business continued smoothly and their daily income was considerable.