~ L ~

Cameron

Lance stepped into the room, closing the door behind him. He stopped and faced us, a smirk on his face.

"Long time no see, Blake." He cocked his head to the side as his eyes swept the length of Blake's body.

Blake stepped aside, pulling me behind him. Rising to his full height, he squared his shoulders and I saw his hands ball into fists.

"Are you fucking stupid?" Blake growled. "This whole house is crawling with vampires from our clan. You'll be dead in the blink of an eye."

From over Blake's shoulder, I saw Lance shrug, almost as if he wasn't bothered, as if he was expecting Blake to say that.

"What the fuck do you want?" Blake was angry. I could feel it rolling off of him in waves.

Lance shoved his hands in the pockets of his jeans and leaned against the dresser. The lamp was behind him, casting a soft glow around his head, reflecting off his light coloured hair, making him look angelic.

We all knew he was anything but innocent.

"I just wanted to play," he said, his voice taking on an uncaring tone. "I was bored."

"The fuck?" Blake was panting, his breath surging forcing his chest to rise and fall strongly. He was ready to pounce.

"We live for a long time, Blake. You know that. And I was starting to get bored of the ceasefire between our families."

"That's no fucking excuse, asshole." Blake took a measured step in his direction, still trying to block Lance's view of me.

Lance peered over Blake's shoulder and locked eyes with me. He smirked and winked at me. Blake growled, forcing Lance's eyes back to him.

"Leave him the fuck alone," Blake warned. "You'll be dead the second you walk out of that door." He stared at Lance, his eyes narrowed. "Or I'll just kill you here myself."

"I know, I know. You hate me, blah blah blah." Lance pushed himself off of the dresser, his arms dropping to his sides, and took a step towards Blake, the smirk still twisting his face.

I reached forward and placed a hand on Blake's back. The muscles under his t-shirt were tense. His stance was rigid and I could see his neck pulsing.

I didn't care for Lance. I just wanted to go. Leave this place.

I wanted to go home with Blake.

Fisting my hand in his shirt, I tugged slightly, trying to urge Blake to let Lance go. Let the rest of Thornton's clan deal with him. I didn't want Blake to deal with him. Face him. I wanted Blake with me. We had just found each other again. I didn't want to be apart from him again. Ever.

Blake took a step backwards, but his body was still tense, ready to fight.

The two vampires stared at each other, hate swirling in their eyes, anger surrounding them.

Lance was truly unstable. That much was clear. But he had let me live. And I wanted to keep it that way. I didn't want to die. Not now I was finally ready to love Blake, make a life with him.

A scuffle outside the door drew my attention to it. Blake kept his eyes on Lance, while Lance stared right back at him.

The door burst open and Gabriel fell into the room, breathless, his hair wild.

"Blake, no one can find Lance!" He panted. He stopped, eyes wide, taking in the scene in front of him. "Oh. You found him."

"Gabe, take Cameron." Blake ordered, his eyes boring into Lance. "Get my dad. Tell him where Lance is."