~ XXIV ~

Blake

Cameron's mouth almost hit the floor when he saw the car I'd parked outside of his apartment building.

Okay, so I may have deliberately picked one of the most expensive and sporty cars that my family owned to take Cameron for a ride around in, but I couldn't help myself. I wanted to impress him. And judging by his reaction so far, I think I'd done just that.

His wide hazel eyes appraised every curve of the car's sleek body, from the tip of the hood to the twin exhaust pipes nestled at the back.

"This is your car?" Cameron crossed the walkway to the car and ran a hand along the passenger door, admiring the polished steel.

I shrugged. "It belongs to our family. I just drive it sometimes."

Watching as he appreciated the car, I felt a small smile tug at my lips. He was practically drooling over the car, while I was definitely drooling over him. Cameron wasn't working tonight, so we could spend a lot more time together. And I didn't want anyone to interrupt it. By taking him out driving, I was lessening the chance of seeing any member of the Blackwell clan. And if Lance appeared in front of the car while I was driving ... well, I'd just run him over. It wouldn't hurt him much anyway. He'd soon get up and brush himself off.

Asshole.

Cameron spun around quickly, almost as if he'd just remembered I was standing there. He dropped his hand from the car and shoved it in the pocket of his jeans while a blush covered his cheeks.

He looked down at the floor, his dark hair falling into his eyes.

"So ... uh ..." He looked cute, like he was embarrassed by the way he was eyeing up the car. "Where ... uh ... where did you want to drive to?"

Honestly, I had no destination in mind. I did tell Cameron that I'd show him the mansion I lived in, but would that be too much? I mean, I did just blow his mind with this car ... what would he think about the huge house I lived in?

I shrugged as I sauntered over to him, watching as his eyes widened with each step I took towards him. His hands were still stuffed in his jeans and I could tell his shoulders were stiff under his long sleeved t-shirt. It was another warm night, but he was dressed for autumn. His hair was slightly damp, like he'd not long stepped out of the shower and he smelled fucking gorgeous.

Stopping right in front of him, I fought the urge to reach out and touch him. He seemed so ... vulnerable and shy right now, and I didn't want to scare him away or come across as too pushy.

"Let's have a drive and see where we end up." I reached past him to open the passenger door. I held it open for him and tipped my head, motioning for him to get in.

He peered up at me from underneath his eyelashes as the blush on his cheeks deepened. Nibbling his lip, he let out a short laugh and ducked into the car.

I just ... stared after him. The way he bit his lip ... that little laugh ... fuck.

Breathless.

He was making me breathless.

Shit.

Swallowing to try to ease my suddenly dry mouth, I closed the door softly, then jogged around to the driver's side. Sliding behind the wheel, I noticed Cameron running a hand over the leather dashboard, his eyes appraising it.

I realised there and then that I wanted him to look at me like that when he touched me. It was just a shame I was a vampire and not a sports car.

Sighing to myself, I reached for my seatbelt and wrapped it around me. One glance at Cameron told me he was already strapped in. I wasn't planning on speeding in the car, but I wanted to make sure he was safe. Just in case.