~ XXXV ~

Blake

Hot.

It was getting fucking hot.

Heat scorched my arm, searing my forearm, burning the skin.

The fire travelled upwards on my limb, towards my bicep, scorching my flesh.

Hurts.

Fucking hurts.

Pulling my eyes open, I blinked a couple of times and stared straight up at an unfamiliar ceiling.

A very bright unfamiliar ceiling.

The smell of burnt flesh filled my nose. And then the pain.

The intense pain.

What the ...

Sudden realisation washed over me, drenching my body in sweat almost instantly.

I was burning.

I was on fire.

Fuck.

Leaping out of the bed I was in, I was almost blinded by the sun as it shone through a gap in the curtains, across my arm, piercing my skin.

Fuck!

The sizzle of burning flesh filled the bedroom and I screamed, clutching at my injured arm, feeling the burnt skin bubble under my fingers.

Racing across the room, not caring that I was butt naked, I huddled in the furthest corner as far away from the window as I could get, tears sliding my cheeks as the pain from my arm pulsed through my body, sending shivers along my spine. My head ached and I felt my legs trembling. I turned my head away from the bright sun, burying my face in my chest.

The room was hot.

So fucking hot.

Choking back a sob, I hugged my arm closer to my chest, feeling the skin become tacky as it peeled away from my bones. I was drenched in sweat, beads trickling down my face dripping onto my arm, searing the flesh even more.

Fuck.

It fucking hurts!

A hand touched my shoulder and I spun around, fangs on show, hissing in anger and pain, the sun blinding me.

"Blake?"

Cameron's voice floated into my ears and I blinked a couple of times.

He was standing a few feet away from me, his hazel eyes wide, his hands clutching his chest, frozen in shock.

Fuck.

I realised ... I was in his bedroom. In his apartment.

And it was day time.

Shit.

"Blake?" Cameron's voice shook as he took an unsteady breath, his eyes never leaving my face.

I swallowed, drawing my fangs back, closing my mouth.

Fuck!

Fuck!

Fuck!

"Blake?" He took a step backwards. "What's ..." He swallowed. "What's ... uh ... what's going on?"

How the fuck was I going to explain this?

Ducking my head, I sniffed, trying to gather what strength I had left.

He saw.

He fucking saw.

My fangs.

Tears pricked at my eyes and I tried to hold back a sob. I hadn't wanted him to find out this way. Not like this. Whichever way I had planned to tell him, I didn't think it was going to end up with me cowering in the corner, hissing in pain, baring my fangs in anger.