Chapter 14 - jardin de l'imagination

Black Hole P.O.V:

I finish cleaning the dishes, putting them away shortly after. Cherry Jr. helps as well, they're a real sweet kid.

I think I made the right choice.

"What should we do now?" They ask once I put the last plate away. I look around the kitchen a bit, Tree had left to go get ready for their work.

"I don't know, what would you like to do?" I ask them as we walk out of the kitchen. They think for a moment, looking around as well.

"Do you have anything I can draw with?" They ask me, continuing to look around. I think for a moment, "I think Tree might have something." I tell them. They nod, "Can we go ask Tree?"

I nod, leading them into Trees room. I knock, awaiting a response. "Come in!"

We both enter, peaking our heads in. Tree stands in front of a mirror, they turn around and smile. "What's up?" They ask, leaning on their dresser. "Do you have any drawing stuff for Cherry Jr.?" I inquire in return. They pause, thinking for a moment.

"I think I might, let me see." They say after a bit, walking into another room. Me and the child awkwardly stand around, waiting for Tree. They return after a minutes, holding a bag and some other items.

"I have some pencils, empty sketchbooks, pens, inks, and some other stuff. Take what you'd like kid!" They smile, showing Cherry Jr. the items. Their eyes light up, smiling widely as they take some bags.

"Thank you so much!" They beam, looking happier than ever. "Where did you even get all this?" I ask, not recalling Tree to really be an artist.

"I used to be into that kind of art, now I'm more of a pottery person." They explain, doing the shoulder motion. I really need to ask what that means...

We thank Tree before leaving, Jr. smiling brightly on the way out. I smile as well, glad they were feeling welcome.

"How do you like your stuff?" I ask, looking down at the child as we walk. They beam, "Yup! It's some awesome stuff!"

I grin at their excited manner, happy that they were comfortable here. We get to the living room where they sit down on the floor, opening the new sketchbook. I smile, sitting on the couch as they begin to draw.

I watch them for a bit as they happy scribble and doodle on the pages. Filling them with art, their own happiness. It was calming, it was nice knowing they were happy.

I continue to observe their work, I don't feel time pass...it might've been hours...but I wouldn't be sure.

"Hey Black Hole,"

I look up, seeing Tree in their work attire. I smile, "Yeah?" I respond, still sitting down. Cherry Jr. also stops drawing, looking to see what Tree had to say.

"I'm headed to work now, are you guys going to okay on your own?" They ask, grabbing their keys. I do the shoulder motion, wow, Tree is really influencing me. "I'm not sure." I say, looking at them.

"I see-" They chuckle, rubbing the back of their head. "I suppose you guys could come with me to work, it would be a nice learning experience for you guys." They smile, placing their hands on their hips.

I nod, "Sounds like a plan."

They nod back, letting me get up. "Wait, one second." They say, running back into their room. The child gets up as well, standing next to me with their sketchbook close up to their chest. They do the shoulder motion, I do it back. It just feels natural now...

"I'm back!"

A voice calls, Trees smiling face comes running back down the stairs. I feel the warm feeling across my face again, seeing their smile makes me feel happy.