Chapter 4 - and only she can make it right

Black Hole P.O.V:

Sunlight hits my eyes, I squint. Adjusting to the new found brightness. Yawning, I look around. Seeing Tree, laying next to me.

It was nice, comforting. It is not something I was especially use to...but...it was welcoming nonetheless. Having them near me was a surreal feeling.

I can not really explain it, I just feel...safe around them. It is very strange, but nice. I stare at them intently, examining their features. They do look nice, I like how they look. I watch as they slowly open their own eyes, groggily looking around.

"Black Hole?" They yawn, sitting up a bit straighter. I turn my head, "Yes Tree?" I ask, wanting to know what they are asking about.

"What time is it?" They ask, stretching. I look around, locating a clock on a wall. "8:27" I say, shifting a bit on the cushions. Nodding, the stare at the wall with a blank expression on their face. "How'd you sleep?" They inquire, getting up slowly.

"Well....and you?" I respond, following them. They nod, "I slept okay as well," They make their way into a kitchen area. I follow, not wanting to be left alone.

They grab a small box of an unknown material out of a cupboard. "What is that?" I ask, pointing at the container. They turn it over to look at it, "It's cereal."

"Cereal?" I ask, walking over. They hand me the box, letting me examine it. "What is it?"

They smile, "It's a kind of breakfast food here on earth." They say, taking the box back. "Would you like to try some?" 

I nod, interested on what it would taste like. They pull out two bowls out of a different cabinet, setting them on a table. I crouch down and stare, very interested as they pour in the mysterious substance. It is pretty, very colorful.

I hear them laugh, looking up to watch them. "What?" I ask, wondering what was amusing. "You look silly when you do that." They giggle, completing their pouring. I feel a warm feeling spread across my face. Looking away, I hear them chuckle a bit more.

"Hey, it's okay. Have some." I turn my head back, watching as they push the bowl in my direction. I take a small bit of it, examining it. I decide to just eat it, what is the worst that could happen?

...

"...so how's it taste?" They ask, watching for my expressions. I smile and swallow the little thing. "It was good! Thank you for giving me some!"

They smile, eating a bit of it for themself. I continue to enjoy my 'cereal' it tasted kind of weird, but it was a good weird. I finish eating it, feeling satisfied with it. They too finish eating and stand up.

"Now what are we going to do with you?" They ask, smiling at me. I stay seated on the floor, "What do you mean?"

"I mean...not to offend you...but you do still look like...." They say, gesturing towards my appearance. I nod, I get it. "I-I mean...I like how you look, it just might be a problem if your going to live here..."

I nod again, agreeing with them. "I suppose I could shapeshift again....would that suffice?"

They do the thing with their shoulders again, I still do not really know what that is... "I guess, just try and look....human? I guess?"

"I suppose, can you...turn around?" I ask, not being especially comfortable with transforming Infront of them. They nod, turning their back towards me. 

Just...look human....

Tree P.O.V:

I feel a gust of wind behind me. I assume it was Black Hole finishing their transformation. "You good now Black Hole?" I ask, peeking around a bit. Not being to see anything.