Chapter 52 - you had a heart you hadn't felt

!!MENTIONS OF R@P3/RECOVERING FROM R@P3 (I KNOW JEEZ-)!! 

!!YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

!!!PLEASE DON'T READ IF YOU'RE UNCOMFY WITH THIS YOU'RE MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL HEALTH IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN SOME FAN FIC ABOUT SILLY OBJECT BROS!!!

*****************************************

Black Hole P.O.V:

I couldn't really sleep, the rain outside making it way to loud. I sigh, my tail wrapping around Tree's leg. 

They shift a bit in their sleep, scooting closer to me. I give a soft smile, petting their hair a bit. The rain continues to pour outside, basically coming down in buckets at this point.

LOUD. LOUD. LOUD. LOUD. LOUD. LOUD.LOUD.LOUD.LOUD. LOUD. LOUD. LOUD. LOUD.

TOO LOUD.

I hold them closer to my chest. Their soft breathing barely audible, then again it could just be my poor hearing. I look out the window, the sky is dark and cloudy. Rain making itself known as it taps aggressively at the glass.

They mumble something in their sleep, getting even closer to me. I continue to pet their hair, rubbing their back a bit as well.

Their face contorts, becoming more distressed. Their mumbling becoming a bit louder. My face softens as I play with their hair. They seem to try and get away from my grasp, while also wanting to be closer...

Strange.

"please...please...stop..." they whisper, pushing me away gently. "...Tree?" I whisper back. They wrap their arms around themselves. My heart beats faster...what's wrong? Why are they acting this way?

"Please...please don't touch me." They shake, curling in onto themself. My heart sinks...why are they- What did- Why...?

What happened to them?

"Stop...I don't want to- no...please...no..." They shudder, tears running down their face.

I sit up, tapping their shoulder. They're having a nightmare.

NIGHTMARE. WAKE THEM UP. WAKE THEM UP. WAKE THEM UP. WAKE THEM UP. WAKE THEM UP. WAKE THEM UP. WAKE THEM UP. WAKE THEM UP. WAKE THEM UP.

"Tree, wake up. You're having a nightmare." I say, pulling them up with me. That was the wrong move as they shove me away again. "Tree!"

Their eyes shoot open, fear laced across their face as their tears fall. "Please don't touch me!" They shout, sheltering themselves with their arms. My breathing hitches, I bring a hand out to hug them, but I stop. That would probably make things worse...

"...Tree?" I whisper, they shoot their head towards me. "B-Black Hole?" They choke out, looking at me with cloudy eyes. "Are you alright?" I whisper, slowly placing my hand on their own. They flinch, but slowly lean into the touch.

"I'm sorry..." they whisper, slowly scooting closer into my arms. I let my wings out of my back, wrapping them around us in a sort of cocoon. "Don't apologize...can you tell me what's wrong?" They place a hand on one of my wings, sighing softly.

"You know about my...ex...right?" They whisper, scooting closer to me. I nod, petting their hair a bit more.

"They hurt you didn't they?" I whisper, thunder cracks outside. I do my best not to flinch, Tree needs me right now after all. "Yeah...but...that wasn't all he did."