"Alexia, I" I tried to reassure her that I was fine, that nothing was wrong but she knew me well enough to know what I was gonna say.

"Don't you dare tell me you're fine." She gritted through her teeth while holding up her finger with a glare.

"You're not. You're in pain. Do you understand how much that hurts me?!" She snapped. The tears that had formed in her eyes, now falling down.

"I'm sorry. I'll meet up with Amelia before practice." I promised her. There was nothing that I wanted more than to go over and comfort her but I knew her well enough to know that wasn't the best idea. Not right now.

"You're going to practice?" She quietly asked, shocked that even now I was still thinking about playing.

"Yes I am." I determinedly nodded her way.

"Of course you are." She breathed out with a chuckle, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Ale I don't know what you want me to do here. It's my job!" I groaned out, the frustration rising in me again.

"I want you to take care of yourself." She desperately pleaded with me. Her eyes that seconds ago were filled with anger were now only filled with worry.

"I do. Look, I promise I will meet up with Amelia and see what her verdict is. If she says I can't train, then I won't." I tried my best to convince her, to show her I wouldn't take any further risks.

She kept quiet for a few seconds, simply staring at me. No doubt that in her mind she was going over all the options she had but that wasn't much.

"Fine." She sighed out, giving in. She was tired of fighting although she couldn't fully let it go but nevertheless a smile broke out on my face.

"Can you now please stop being so mad. I miss you. Please." I pulled out my best puppy dog face that I had and that I knew would make her cave.

"Fine but you're getting that knee checked out before you even set foot on that field tomorrow." She sternly pointed at me.

"Yes ma'am." I saluted her and gently walked up to her, cautiously taking her in my arms. When she didn't object, I pulled her in fully and kissed the side of her head.

"Fine, damn you and your cute self." She mumbled in my shoulder, fully relaxing now

Believing that my knee would feel better in the morning was wishful thinking. While my knee didn't feel worse than yesterday, it didn't feel any better either. The only positive thing about it all was that the swelling went down a bit but the pain remained.

I knew that there was no way Amelia would let me train today. Even with the swelling down she would easily see through my lie.

Alexia's mood had slightly improved since our small fight yesterday but there was still a lot of tension between us. One of those examples was when we went to bed.

Although she stopped ignoring me, she kept her distance the whole night and morning. Even on our way to training she kept her hands firmly placed on the steering wheel and not on my thigh like she used to.

As we reached the locker rooms I dropped my bag in my locker. We were the first ones there so it was incredibly quiet. I wanted to leave and go to the physiotherapist when Alexia grabbed my wrist as I passed her.

"Good luck." I spun around to face her and saw the caring look she gave me. She was frustrated, yes but that didn't mean she didn't love me.

"Thanks." I mumbled and tried to smile at her but I already knew my fate.