Chapter 18- The Fright Before Christmas

It's a winter wonderland. Snowflakes fell from the sky.

A snowman smiled happily, wearing a top hat, a broom resting behind him. A small white bear was standing, waving as its Santa suit sparkled brightly.

A small cottage sat in the distance. Smoke rose from its chimney.

This is what is being depicted on a billboard next to Amity Park mall. The mall itself was decorated to celebrate the holiday season.

Wreaths were visible everywhere in the mall. No empty parking spaces were available at the mall.

The entrance of the mall was littered with Christmas decorations. A man in a Santa suit stood outside, ringing a bell.

The mall was swarming with last- minute shoppers. Stores were covered in Christmas decorations.

Every store had a sign in its window reading "Sale". Walking the mall is where we find our favourite trio.

Tucker was staring at Sam in disbelief as she was oozing out joy... For once. Sam was happily waving to everyone she came across.

However, our favourite ghost looked ticked off, his hands in his pockets and his back hunched as he stared at the floor. Something was wrong with him.

But what was it?

Danny's POV

"Merry Christmas!," Sam yelled happily. Despite my poor mood, my heart filled with joy seeing how happy Sam was.

Angry and miserable shoppers walked past Sam, not returning her holiday greeting.
"Happy holidays!," Sam cheered. A man rushed past Sam.
"Happy Hanukkah!," Sam continued, I couldn't resist the barely there twitch of my lips as I smiled slightly. Sam walked up to Mikey.
"Merry Christmas, Mikey," Sam greeted.
"You?!," Mikey yelled.
"Are being cheery?! IT'S A TRAP!," Mikey yelled, throwing his arms in the air and running away from Sam. Mikey ran towards the mall exit.
"IT'S A TRA- A- A- AP!," Mikey continued to yell before he made it to the mall exit. Sam stuck her hands in her pocket as Tucker and I approached her.

I stared at the mall exit, narrowing my eyes in the direction Mikey ran off in. How dare he yell at Sam.

Tucker stared at Sam in disbelief as I pulled Sam into a side hug. Sam snuggled up to me.
"What's with him?," Sam asked me. I pulled Sam closer to me as Tucker's jaw dropped.
"What's with you?," I asked Sam, trying to sound like my usual self, for Sam's sake. Tucker closed his mouth and his eyes.
"Aw, perk up, Danny," Tucker encouraged.
"I know you're in your annual holiday funk, but this is the one time of year Sam isn't instantly dour," Tucker pointed out to me, opening his eyes. The three of us walked past the House of Shoes and Jewellery.

An African- American man walked past us in a blue coat. Sam slid out of my hug.
"Have a kickin' Kwanzaa!," Sam cheered. The man stopped and stared at Sam.

Sam's eyes widened as she smiled nervously at the man, before running back into my arms, snuggling up to me. I smiled softly into Sam's hair, placing a soft kiss in her black hair.

Tucker walked closer to me.
"And the one time of year I can bust out the Foley mistletoe beret," Tucker started, taking off his red beret and replacing it with another red beret, this one dawning a mistletoe hanging from the top of it. I stared at Tucker's beret.
"Hey there, Miss," Tucker spoke as he started talking to an attractive woman in a red sweater, red boots and a white skirt. The woman held a dog in her arms.

The woman stared at Tucker, annoyance gracing her features. Tucker leaned in closer to the woman, the mistletoe on his beret bouncing.
"How about spreading a little Christmas cheer?," Tucker asked. Tucker closed his eyes and puckered his lips.