Chapter 7- Maternal Instinct

It was the weekend. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping.

It was a very peaceful day. Our hero is in his basement with two individuals, the girl who owns his heart and his best friend.

Danny's POV

I was flying around my basement, as Danny Phantom, as fast as I could. Tucker was tracking my speed with a speed scanner while Sam was taking notes on a clipboard.

I looked over Tucker's shoulder. The scanner read "112 mph".
"112 miles per. Lighting up the speed gun, Dude," Tucker complimented me. I grinned at Tucker before I went intangible, phasing out of the wall and coming back into my basement through the ceiling.

I broke my intangibility and landed in front of Sam.
"Intangibility, check," Sam spoke to me, writing something down on the clipboard. I went intangible again.

Sam and Tucker looked around my basement for me.
"Danny?," my two best friends called. I dove towards Tucker.

Tucker flinched as I overshadowed him.
"Hi, I'm Tucker! Don't let the PDA, glasses, and lack of muscles fool you. I'm a stud," I spoke from within Tucker. Sam laughed at me as I phased out of Tucker, breaking my intangibility.

Tucker glowered at me.
"I hate when you do that," Tucker commented to me.

Sam's POV

"Okay, Hotshot. Let's ramp it up," I spoke to Danny, after I reined in my laughter. I hit a button on a remote causing several rings to pop down from the ceiling.

Dart guns emerged from the walls. Danny flipped through the rings and dodged the darts with ease.
Two cardboard ghosts popped up from the workbench in the corner.

Danny blasted and zapped the ghosts with ectoblasts. A cardboard pop up of Jazz appeared, Danny completely ignored that one.

A third cardboard ghost popped up next to Jazz.
Danny turned around and zapped the third cardboard ghost, his back facing the cardboard ghost before his ecto energy died down.

Metal barriers popped out from the floor. Danny flew intangibly through the metal barriers and broke his intangibility, landing in front of me.

Danny gave Tucker and I a thumbs up. I rolled my eyes at Danny's cockiness before shoving him into a wall.

Danny fell down to the floor, sliding down the wall.
"Hi, I'm Danny Fenton! Don't let the concussion and bruises fool you, I need more practice," Tucker mocked Danny. Danny scowled and flew towards Tucker, landing in front of him.

Danny turned the floor where Tucker was standing intangibile, causing Tucker to fall through the floor, screaming all the way.
"Wow, It's quiet in here!," I commented to Danny, wrapping my arms around his neck and placing my head on his chest. Danny laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close.

***

Danny's POV

Sam and Tucker were still helping me with my training. I strained and started to sweat heavily as Sam and Tucker watched me closely, like hawks.

My face flushed red as I started to glow, my head split into two separate heads. Sam and Tucker gasped at me.
"Wow! You can eat a Nasty Burger and fries at the same time," Tucker commented.
"Yeah. The problem is, I can only split myself this far," I spoke from one of my heads.
"Vlad Plasmius can turn into like four different Vlads at once. That's what this weekend is about," I continued from my other head.
"Non-stop drills," my first head elaborated.
"No homework," my second head continued with a smile.
"No family," my first head picked up.
"No interruptions," I said from both of my heads.
"Hey Danny!," my mom yelled from upstairs, making her way to the basement. I looked around alarmed before transforming back into Danny Fenton.