Chapter 13- Pirate Radio

Stars littered the dark skies above as a shooting star graced the vision of three friends. These friends are none other than our favorite ghost fighters.

On the roof of the Fenton Works OP Center this is where we find our hero, in his human form.

Danny's POV

"Ah!," I sighed as Sam, Tucker and I were on my roof. Tucker was leaning against the satellite tower while Sam and I were taking turns looking at the sky from my telescope.
"Clear skies and no moon. A perfect night for stargazing," I spoke.
"More like star snoozing. This music is putting me to sleep. Can't we listen to something else?," Sam asked, turning around, abandoning the telescope, and snuggling up to me. Tucker started playing with the radio.
"Survey says no," Tucker commented as I pulled Sam closer to me. Suddenly a ghost pirate ship appeared, hovering over my roof.

I quickly let go of Sam and moved her behind me.
"Survey says... Going ghost!," I quipped, transforming into Danny Phantom.

Youngblood's POV

I stared at the Ghost Boy and his friends.
"Avast, ye... Aw man, what's the word?," I asked.
"Scurvy dogs," my assistant, my parrot, answered.
"Right. Avast, ye scurvy dogs! Prepare to be boarded by Captain Youngblood and his skeleton crew," I announced.
"Hey isn't it past your bedtime kid?," the Ghost Boy asked me.
"Don't call me kid! I'm mature beyond me years," I snapped at the Ghost Boy, sticking my tongue out at him.

Sam's POV

The crew boarded Danny's roof and started to take the Fenton ghost shield generator.
"Fall back me harties! We've got, uh. Got, uh. What's the word," Captain Youngblood said.
"Booty," Captain Youngblood's parrot answered.
"Ha you said booty. Haha," Captain Youngblood laughed. Captain Youngblood's crew started to laugh.

Just as suddenly as he appeared, Captain Youngblood, his crew and their ship were gone.
"Hey. They're stealing my dad's ghost shield generator," Danny spoke, watching as Captain Youngblood, his crew and his ship sailed away in the night sky.
"Nice going matey. You just got your butt kicked by short john silver," I quipped at Danny.
"Hey considering he just took my dad's ghost shield, you think maybe you could be a little sympathetic, like Tucker," Danny commented to me, walking over to me and pulling me into a hug. Tucker started laughing.
"Tucker?," Danny asked, looking over at Tucker, not letting go of me.
"He said booty," Tucker commented.

***

Danny's POV

It was the next morning when I had enough. I walked up to the radio and turned it off.
"Danny!," Jazz and my parents yelled at me.
"Mom, dad, fyi when you're 14 easy listening isn't that easy. Could I please turn this off?," I asked politely, even though I already turned the radio off.
"No!," Jazz and my parents yelled. I sighed and reluctantly turned the radio back on.
"You can't possibly like this music that much," I reasoned with my family.
"I do, Dear. It relaxes me," mom explained.
"And me," Jazz added.
"It's much more soothing than that other song I've been hearing all morning," dad commented.
"Warning. Security breach. Ghost shield not operational," the warning signal announced.
"Um, that would be the warning signal," I spoke to my dad.
"And it's interrupting with the cool easy sounds of morning radio. So crank up the tunes Jazzy- pants," dad spoke to Jazz.

***

"I don't get it. The ghost shield's gone and it barely registers a blip on the parental radar," I explained to Sam and Tucker as we walked to Casper High.
"My parents have been acting kind of flaky, too. All they do is listen to that new age vapor drone that's playing on every station, " Sam commented from my right, rubbing slow circles in my right hand with her left hand.
"Tell me about it. My folks crank it 24/7. Must be a generational thing," Tucker added from my left.
"And the worst part, I can't get it out of my head. Wait, you hear it, too?," Sam, Tucker and I spoke in unison once we reached Casper High.