I blinked, trying to add all the information in my brain, "Okay..." I nodded slowly, "But why put the head in the office?"

"Rameen was already dead when he found her, he made a rational decision. He made a show of it, to get the original killer mad."

"Get her mad?"

"Psychopaths hate it when people steal their trophies. For Chris, her trophies were the heads she kept in her house."

It dawned upon me.

"And Matthew messed with her reward."

"And once she knew for sure it was him. She had to get back at him."

....

Wait a minute...

"Is that why you exposed my secret in front of her?!?!?" I looked at him in bafflement. Because when my gender was exposed, I was the perfect victim that fit in the Head Hunter's list."

He shrugged.

"So you chose me as bait," I looked at him with astonishment.

"You were perfect for it," Harou's face was still bandaged, "I will apologize for putting you in danger though,"

"Why?" I shook my head, "What if I got killed?"

"You already saw the werewolf."

"...."

"He would have saved you no matter what, that's why."

"You knew?" I was surprised, "That he's a wolf?"

"Yes," He smirked, "I work to handle non-human stuff as well."

"How will you explain it in your report?"

"You don't need to worry about that, that's my job. I've been doing it for a while." He shrugged, "I can simply write that a big stray dog came in to help you."

"Why would anyone believe that?"

"You're a reporter Clio, make your story believable."

!!!

OH! Right!

"The story hadn't made its way to the public yet...

"Detective," I had an idea. It was such a bad situation I got out of yet my mind was running towards my job as a reporter.

"Hm?"

"I have a favor to ask."

***

Harou and I stood in the room where we could see Chris being questioned through the one way mirror.

"Why do you think she did it?" I wasn't allowed to record in the police station, but the detective allowed me to watch as the interrogation took place.

The officers were speaking with her but she remained silent most of the time.

Harou went ahead and pressed the communication button, "Why did she do it?" He repeated my question and Chris turned her head to look at the mirror.

She couldn't see her, but she still passed us a smirk.

It sent a shiver down my spine.

"She was jealous," Harou said, "Jealous of the young girls giving everything they had to try and make the lives of their mothers easier."

!!!

Another thing added up. When I originally thought about Rameen's case, one sole difference was that Rameen wasn't doing anything to support her mother like the rest of her victims.

So that's what it was...

"Am I wrong?"

"You're not," She replied calmly. She had been given basic first aid to stop her bleeding and her injury was tended to, "I always found taking care of Rameen troublesome, but I thought she'd change as she'd grow older."

"But she didn't," Harou replied,

"No," There was no look of remorse on her face, "Instead she got worse."

"That was your fault." Harou sighed, "It's because she knew her mother was a killer." He paused, "Maybe she wasn't sure. But she sure as hell knew there was something wrong with you. That's exactly why she kept running away from home and hated going back."

I recalled the time she joined our team dinner...

She said she didn't want to go home, but everyone just blew up her protests as teenage rebellion.

"Well, she could have done better," Chris replied and I honestly couldn't listen to this. There was no remorse in her eyes, no expressions.

She really was only pretending to be like the rest of us.

I looked at her through the glass. Her lenses were still there, and along with it, the deranged gaze of a psychopath.

"Tell me where you put the heads of the other victims," The police officer who was in the room with her asked.

But Chris refused to answer.

Harou let go of the comm and stepped back.

"We still don't know where the heads are," I looked at Harou, "Doesn't that mean we're still losing?"

Harou smirked, "I went to her place for a reason." He looked at me, "You should start working too, little reporter." He stepped back towards the door, "We're going to leave."

"Go where?" I asked as I followed him

"To get our evidence."