Surgery and complication..

✤ Henry's pov ✤

     The instant I saw my Al on the floor with blood flowing out of her nose I had a very bad feeling but I didn't imagined it would go that far...

    I felt my world crumbled down, since past two days I wasn't in my sense either and acted childish but I realised if I will act like that then who is going to be her strength... it's sure that I would follow her but not without fighting our last battle together.

    When she told me about her appointment with her doctor, I acted cool but my heart shuttered so I changed the topic and we had a beautiful conversation... we both cuddled and soon she drifted to sleep.

    That's when my phone binged with a notification... I checked and it was from one of the world's best doctor Dr James I was trying to contact today.

    I got up carefully and send him all her reports and fixed an appointment on the same day as her doctor...

    Next day went by in a blur and Al was laughing and playing with angels and Elf which made me a bit relax... It was evening we all sat in the living room and I told them about Dr James.

    We all were discussing when we heard a loud thump sound and I ran to the corridor to find Al on the floor and angels crying beside her.

     I carried Al in my arms and took her to our bedroom while rest other's followed behind me... I laid her down and hurriedly fed her meds with my shaking hands. My heart was completely shook but I tried my best to not show it , she was looking at me and tears were flowing down from her eyes because of pain and I too broke into tears.... it's hard, it's damn hard to pretend to be ok when you are stabbed directly in your heart.

     After 20 minutes she blinked and moved her hands only to wipe my tears... I held her hand and kissed her palm.

    " I am fine... " she said with a painful grunt.

    I wished death would have swallowed  me before seeing her in pain...

       ________________________________

    The next day we met her doctor along with Dr James...

   " We need to run few more test.. " Dr James said and I nodded to proceed further...

    It took three hours for the reports to arrive and Dr James suggested to admit Al in the hospital...

    " Al are you ok with it, I will be with you all the time and our family members will be here too... ok..! " I said and she nodded slowly.

     I booked the whole top vip floor for ourselves and on the same day Al was kept on iv drips... that one needle inserted in her skin was killing me, I don't know how will I see her going through such a big surgery...!

     " Bro... come sit here until the doctors are evaluating. " Nancy said and I sat beside her...

    Our whole family was here except Ash and Noah because they had to look after angels and Elf.

    " Henry don't worry she is going to be fine... stay strong for her, she needs your support the most right now. " Sam bro said and I gave him a side hug.

    He has been giving me alot of mental support since I discovered about Al's condition... I am glad I have an older brother now , who is there to look after me and support me.

    After few minutes doctors came out...

   " We need to have a talk..! " he said looking at me.

   " Nan... look after Al and don't leave her alone ok..! " I said and she went inside along with Mom and Charles.

   Sam bro accompanied me to Dr James cabin...

    " Henry... as her tumor isn't shrinking after all the medication we are thinking to do the surgery as soon as possible because there are a lot of chances that the tumor might burst and if that happened it will... " he stopped and my heart too stopped for a second... Sam bro patted and rubbed my back.

    " Doctor we are ready for the surgery just get it done as soon as possible.. "

   " We will but there's alot of risk, you have to be prepared for the worst..."

    " What do you mean doctor..!? "

    " The tumor is in her brain and somewhat spread to her spin... so chances are during the surgery her main organs might fail... it can be kidney, liver or maybe heart.. " he said with pity in his eyes and I slummed on my chair.

     What do I do now..!??

    { Two days later...}

     Today Al is under going the surgery and I am feeling uncountable emotions that I can't express in words... all in all fear and pain are hovering me from all the side.

     We were asked to sit in the waiting room as her surgery began...

    Mom , Nan and Charles were constantly trying to ease me but I was too anxious to get calm anytime soon... in the morning I talked to angels and saw their faces after two days , even they were crying to see their aunt... Elf didn't eat anything the whole day because he wanted Al to feed him.

    Baby so many people are relying on you... you can't leave us, you have to fight and come back.

    Sam bro went home last night to look after Elf not before warning me... only he knows I have signed those papers. I can do anything for Al and it would be a small attempt to save her life.

    The surgery went for five hours... I was pacing back and forth that's when the door of our room opened and a nurse came inside...

    " Sir you can collect the body...! " she said and left.

    The blood in my body went cold, I lost all the strength and slumped on the floor... Mom , Nan and Charles surrounded me and were constantly saying something with tears rolling down from their eyes but I was not able to hear them...

    We lost the battle and i failed... i failed my Al...!