Apologises...

✤ Author's pov ✤

     Melissa lied on the bed and Henry lied beside her holding her tightly by her waist...

    " Sleep Henry..! I am going nowhere. " Melissa doesn't need his words to tell what's going on in his heart.

    " Al... why did you leave me, you know I missed you so much all this years. " he said.

    Melissa caressed his hair lovingly...

    " I wanted to keep my big baby far away from all the problems and pain but guess what I failed in the end... " she sighed deeply.

    " No Al... I will never let you fail , we will fight the odds and win together. " he said looking up at her face innocently.

   " I missed your adorable doe eyes... " she said and kissed his forehead.

    Slowly as the night darkened both drifted to sleep...

    Melissa woke up early in the morning and saw Henry sleeping peacefully clutching her night gown in his fist like a baby... she chuckled and kissed his cheeks.

    " You must be so tired...! " she said caressing his cheeks cautionately not to disturb his sleep.

    She got up and after getting freshen up went out to find Sam and Mrs Hampton in the living room, she joined them...

    " How are you feeling my child.. " Mrs Hampton asked.

   " I am fine Mom..! "

    " Where is Henry, is he ok..!? " Sam enquired anxiously.

    " He is... but I am still mad at you for bringing everyone to my house and telling them everything about my condition Sam. " she said with a very offended tone.

   " And we are thankful that Sam bro told us or else we would have never know about your sacrifice and would have continued thinking you as a bad person... " Noah said coming to the living room and just behind were Charles, Nancy and Ashley.

     All three didn't look up once, they were too ashamed to meet eyes with Melissa..

   " What's wrong with you all... " she asked sternly.

   " Mel I was your best friend and knew you since childhood but I failed to play my role as you bestie when the time came... i am sorry Mel..! "

    " You are still my bestie Charles and I am happy to have you as a family too... Thank you for taking care of Nan always."
she said with a smile and Charles felt much better.

    " Melly you are my sister-in-law but you gave me the love of an elder sister but I said so many bad things to you... I am so sorry. " Ashley said with her head bowed down.

    " Come here...you too..! " Melissa said to both Ash and Nan..

   " Ash and Nan I never took your words to my heart but one thing is sure... I am so proud of you both for being so strong and standing by Henry's side. " she said caressing their heads.

    Ashley hugged Melissa but Nancy didn't move nor did she looked at Melissa once.

   " Nan won't you give me a hug..!? " Melissa asked and Nancy looked at her.

   " I won't... I don't deserve to hug you and you too proved that, I am unworthy to be your sister..! "

  " Nancy what are you saying.. " Melissa said pulling Nancy beside her.

   " I have said so many hurtful things to you and hurted you so badly with my words...i..i... even slapped you... and you not even once thought to tell me about your condition instead just decided to leave...! am I that bad to be your sister Melly.. " she said with tears streaming down her cheeks.

    Melissa hugged her tightly and stroked her head to make her calm.

    " Nan you have always been my baby sister whom I love alot... I thought to inform you and Ash but I didn't wanted to risk the babies life that were grow in your womb. I couldn't give you such a big stress in that condition... "

    " Ok so now it's my turn to apologize... though I think I did right by telling your family still I am sorry for letting you down Mel.. " Sam spoke.

    " I know Sam you always meant good for me but... it's about my Henry , you don't know him if something happened to me he won't be able to take it. Before I thought I would just leave this world peacefully knowing that he is living his life and maybe he will be fine with a hope that I am happy and living my life... but now... " Melissa choked on her tears.

    " AL... AL... WHERE ARE YOU..!!?? " came Henry's desperate voice, Melissa wiped her tears hurriedly and got up from the couch... Henry came running to her with sweaty forehead and tear stained cheeks...

    " What happened Henry.... I am here  only..! " Melissa said cupping his face and Henry hugged her tightly.

    Everyone was feeling the pain seeing Henry in that state and they knew whatever Melissa said was true, he won't be able to survive without her...! they are meant to be together.