I didn't look back, "It's my problem, I will solve it." I kept walking away, "And stop talking to my mother as well."

"That's it?" He yelled.

"Yes," I yelled back, "Don't ever come back." But I never spared him another glance.

It's over

***

"It was going to happen eventually," Jacob shook his head at Lily and Dave. The team was having a discussion and they all seemed a little upset.

I was curious as to why they were called in for questioning again and I chose to stay and listen to Lily and Dave's conversation with the rest of the team in the office.

"This is why you should have always gone to your meeting yourself." Bizy shook his head, "I am very disappointed that you two pulled something so stupid."

"City D is far," Dave answered, "It's a whole day wasted," Dave never really talks much, but today it looked like he was full of emotions.

"So what?" Imani shook her head, "It's your job,"

"Chris didn't mind going," Lily answered frustrated, "The meetings were always on weekends and we wanted to go on dates! She was free! Rameen loved being away from her and Chris was single. There was no problem." Lily curled herself into a ball in defeat, "It was all going great..."

Right. So what I've gotten so far is that Lily and Dave secretly started dating and always ditched the meetings that happened in City D but got caught the last time since Chris refused to go out of the blue.

Lily had to go to the meeting and the partner company found it weird that a new girl showed up out of the blue and they told Matthew about it.

"The CEO was really angry," Dave let out a sigh, "I think we both might get fired."

He's that angry?

Well, I guess that does make sense, they were ditching their job.

But,

I feel like there's something more to this. Why would Chris refuse to go out of the blue for no reason? Was she perhaps fed up after covering for them for so long?

I shook my head.

My reporter instincts told me that wasn't it.

***

>>Harou

"I want a search warrant issued," I stood in the Director's office with my hands behind my back, "ASAP,"

"And you're sure about this?" The director looked back at me with his arms folded.

"I am," I nodded, "I'm positive I've found the killer." I let out a sigh, "I put in the request days ago, why haven't you issued it?"

"Show me the proof." He demanded, "I can't issue you a search warrant without any reason. You know how sensitive things like these can get if it makes its way to the media."

"I only have theories," I replied, "Unless I have a search warrant, I can't give you anything."

The director looked at me with an unamused look, "Detective," He called my name sternly, "You do realize you're making a very dangerous move here." He pointed at the report I gave him which lay on his desk, "If you're wrong about this, you might even get fired."

I nodded, "I'm aware," I replied, "But the recent investigations are pointing to that one person. So far, everything matches."

"And you want to go with your face damaged like that?"

"It's bandaged," I replied.

"I can see, detective," He shook his head, "But can you?"

The bandage was covering one of my eyes as well so it looked like there was a lot of damage but it wasn't the case. I just needed time to heal and all of me would look like nothing ever happened, "Well," I cleared my throat, "All of it would recover fine but for now-"

"You can't even see properly." He cut my words

"Sir, I do not wish to delay this." I remained firm, "I will present you with all the proof you need. But I need that warrant so that I don't end up with a fine,"

The most breakthrough part of the Head Hunter case was the head. The head was put at the desk, but the murder took place before, at a completely unrelated place.

I didn't find any traces of blood in the mother's house but I'm one hundred percent sure that Matthew was the one who put the head on Chris's desk.

I may not have concrete proof to present at the moment, but I did lay down a plan while we were in the house.

And I can't delay anymore.

No-

I need to be on high alert and keep my eyes on Matthew since I put the plan in motion.

***

>>Clio

I sat on the bed in the guest bedroom.

Neither Matthew nor Azef came back home. The director just told me the passcode of the house and I was here alone. In Fact, they didn't come back for two days and I was all alone in the house.

Which allowed me to think a lot.

Matthew didn't deny the whole thing about killing someone and that unnerved me. I couldn't get what I heard from Nolan out of my mind. I acted tough in front of him, but it hadn't left me.

No matter how much I think about it, there's so much that doesn't make any sense. I have a lot of time to myself now and I keep thinking about these things over and over again.

My phone buzzed

!!!

I turned to look at the screen as I realized I got a text.

'I have something to tell you, meet me'