Chapter - 33

Words in Italics are from the past or flashback.

Author's POV...

Jin : Jackson? How come you're here dude?

Namjoon : hello, hyung nim.

Namjoon said and they all hugged each other except sam who came towards aera to give her a forehead kiss.

Suga : actually, he called me a while ago and told about his arrival here. We were preparing to celebrate Diwali so I called him too so that we can celebrate together.

Jin : what's Diwali?

Namjoon : oh hyung, it's actually *explains everything* but why are we celebrating it?

Suga : because aera wanted to.

Jackson : who's she, hyung?

He asked finally looking at her who hasn't moved her gaze from him till now. They all looked at her and back at Jackson before allysa spoke.

Allysa : she's our sister. Dad married our new mother a few days ago.

Jackson : oh.

He said and smiled at her but she was still thinking about their encounter before. He came towards her making her breath hitch in her throat and forwarded his hand.

Jackson : hi, I'm Jackson. Park Jackson. We met earlier in the mall, remember?

Aera : y-yeah. I-i am K-kim aera.

She said and after shaking hands quickly with him she slowly pulled her hand back. He chuckled in surprise before speaking.

Jackson : why do you stutter so much, candy? I'm just your elder brother.

....

Elder brother?
Candy?

"I am not gonna hurt you like them."

Then why don't you stay with me?

"I'm sorry, candy. I'm not old enough yet. They won't let me be with you."

Please stay, oppa.

"I'm sorry my sweet candy."

...

Samuel : AERA!?

She came out of trance and looked at sam who was looking back at her worriedly and took in a deep breath as she realised that she was holding her breathe for God knows how long.

Aera : sorry. I-i am okay. I-i have to g-go.

She said and left from there without saying anything else or sparing a glance at anyone else as if they were not even there. She went in the room which was shared by her and sam most of the times and locked the door before sitting on the bed.

She put her palm on her mouth to prevent any noise which might come out of her mouth and proceeded to cry silently. She cried and cried letting out every feeling that she was trying to bury.

Aera *in mind* : Why now? When she thought everything was going back on track, why do her past must come in between? Can't she be truly happy once in her lifetime permanently? Was he really her brother? Then why didn't he ever search for her? Why did he never came back for her? Did he also become like her biological parents? Or is he still the same?

Aera : Why is he back now? Did he also recognise me? He probably did that's why he called me that. Why didn't I remember him before? I should tell Sam about him first before it turns serious. Hell! It's already serious! Why is my life so fucking serious all the fucking time!?

She took a deep breath and wiped the tears on her face before opening the door harshly to see sam standing there with his fist in air.

Samuel : uh, um, I was about to knock. But anyway , Are you okay? What happened to you back there? Do you want to tell me something, darling?

He said softly almost melting her whole self with affection in his eyes and she hugged him tightly and he hugged her back silently and caressed her back as she cried on his chest.

Aera : he's my brother, sam. He's my b-biological brother.

Samuel's hand which was caressing her back froze along with his whole body and mind. He shook his head coming back to earth quickly and pulled her inside the room and cupped her cheeks before speaking.

Samuel : why didn't you tell me about him in all these years?

Aera : I don't know how and why but, I didn't remember a thing about him until he called me with that nickname back in the living room. He was not like my parents. He also treated me nicely and also treated the wounds given by my parents but they kept him away from me. I don't remember where but he only came home once a week and suddenly he disappeared. He told me that they were sending him away and even he didn't know where to. It was all when I was just three so maybe that's why I didn't remember it. I swear I didn't mean to hide anything from you. I was just going to tell you right no-

She was cut off when he placed his finger on her lips and wiped her tears. He made her sit on the bed before speaking.

Samuel : I know you could never hide anything from me but, what do you want to do about him?

Aera : i don't know. Let him be. He'll just go back after Diwali anyway.

Samuel : oh yeah. I remember now. I actually bought a Diwali gift for you, I knew you'll celebrate it like you do every year.

He said lightening up her mood and ran out before coming back quickly and opened the three boxes in front of her. A big box which had a ver pretty "lehenga choli" in it and another which had the matching jewellery for it and lastly the third one which contained matching sandals making her jaw drop in awe.

He took out another two boxes which had the matching "kurta pajama" and matching shoes with it. She hugged him tightly while giggling at his choice of clothes and pecked his lips after breaking the hug. But suddenly frowned remembering something.

Aera : Just to remind you. We have more people to celebrate Diwali with now. They all should also wear the same traditional clothes.

Samuel : who cares about those dorks?

Aera : sam. *annoyed*

Samuel : I'm just kidding~ I bought for them too but I didn't know that one more brother in law of mine would pop up from nowhere~

Aera : you're right. What do we do no?

Suga : just buy another one for him too. What else?

The both couples flinched and looked back at suga who was sitting on the couch casually while eying then both.

Samuel : no way. How long have you been sitting there!?

Suga : um, I also came behind you to meet her but you both started talking so I thought of waiting till you're finished but then she started explaining everything so I listened and then you made her sit so I thought of sitting too. That's it.

Aera : how come we didn't notice you?

Suga : it's the magic of love, sweetheart.

He said but cringed at his own choice of words afterwards making her chuckle.

Jackson : you're still so cute.

This time the three of them flinched with the sudden voice and presence and looked back at him who was leaning on the door frame with crossed arms.

Suga : so you are actually her brother? The world is so small, damn.

Toooooo Beeeeeee Cooonntinueddddd
Stayyyyyyy Tuneddddd
Loveeeee Youuuu allllllll
👽♥️✨