The Beginning of the End

Start from the beginning

"Jungkook doesn't strike me as the type of guy to leave you," Tae says. 

He desperately wants Jungkook to do just that. Tae knows he's awful for thinking it, but then he'd finally have a chance with Y/n. Part of him wants to lie to make her think Jungkook's an ass, but Tae's not like that. He doesn't want to bring their relationship down. Instead, he chooses not to interfere.

"I hope not." She softly sighs, glancing at Tae. "At least I know for sure you and Jimin would never leave me. You legally can't." 

Tae chuckles and wraps an arm around her, not entirely sure why he's even doing it. Oh well. Can't back down now. 

"Ami, this whole thing is gonna be over one day. A few years from now, you'll completely forget about it. You'll be living your best life out in the Bahamas drinking margaritas and dipping your toes in the water." 

"What if I want to live in Las Vegas and get bitches?" she asks. 

Ah, there she is. She's back.

"You're ridiculous, L/n," he says, rubbing his hand up and down her arm. 

"Not nearly as ridiculous as you," she replies, giving his hand a squeeze before going into the car. He follows, plopping down on the driver's side and making sure she's buckled before driving off.

Car rides have always been nice for Tae. Whereas grocery shopping and vacuuming piss him off, long car rides were always something he loves. The peaceful atmosphere and driving all day was always something he adored. 

He loves traveling, another reason why he loves his job so much. He travels the world protecting people with his best friend. Sure, it sucks he can't have a real lover, but he's grateful he can do what he does. Sometimes when you love a job so much, having a partner isn't something you need. All Tae needs is this job and his best friend. That's it.

But whenever Tae glances at Y/n, he feels that urge to protect her on a personal level. With her, it's not just a job. He's mentioned it before, but it's only grown since then.

Tae gulps down his thoughts and drives a bit faster. Y/n, on the other hand, is staring out the window and tracing her finger across the glass. Tae softly smiles at the sight. She's beautiful. He hopes she knows that.

"You know, I think I might get into painting," she says, breaking the silence. 

"Painting?"

"Mhm. I don't know, I feel like I might like it, even if I'm bad at it." 

"Well, if you go into it with a good attitude, I'm sure you'll be a natural," Tae says.

Y/n softly laughs. "I like the positivity, Mr. Kim." 

Shit, not "Mr. Kim." Her calling him that makes him swoon. He hates that it does, but he can't help himself.

"Can I take lessons with you?" Tae asks in a serious tone. 

"Oh, you too? Wanting to draw? Hmm, I don't know, Tae, I feel like this is something really private to me." 

"Putting a brush on paper is private to you?" he asks with a huff. 

Y/n laughs. "Oh come on, you don't even tell people your real name most of the time!" 

"Okay, but must I remind you I get paid for that?" Tae teases as he makes the final turn.

Y/n sighs, shaking her head. "You're insane, you know that?" 

"Oh I know," he replies, pulling into their driveway. Tae parks as quickly as he can, turning to look at her. "You know he loves you, right?"