Dinner

"Is this making you feel better?"

Jimin and Tae hum in response to your question, cooking the chicken together as the thick smell hits your nose. It's a bit sweet. The pasta is a nice contrast to it, making a pleasant aroma imbue the house.

"What if he doesn't like chicken alfredo?" you ask, not really expecting an answer. 

"Then you break things off with him," Jimin says with a scoff. 

"What if I don't like chicken alfredo?"

Jimin turns to you, holding his wooden spoon aggressively. "That's a war crime." 

"Uh oh, the Italian in him is coming out," Tae says. 

"Italian?" you ask, leaning back in your chair.

Jimin huffs, lowering the spoon and going back to the chicken. "Born and raised in Italy with this dumbass." 

Tae pouts. "I'm not dumb." 

"Sweetie, we're soulmates. I got the ass, you got the dumb." 

"You're in hitting distance," Tae says with narrowed eyes. 

"We're both highly trained bodyguards and I'm holding a spoon." 

"I'm holding a frying pan," Tae says, clicking his tongue and giving Jimin a sassy expression. Jimin's face falls. 

"Shit." 

"Shit is right."

You playfully roll your eyes. "Are you two men or children?" 

"A bit of both. I'd classify us as geniuses over men or children though," Jimin replies. 

"So you're Italian and Korean? Is that what's happening? I'm stuck with pasta and rice for the rest of my life?" you ask. 

"Oh wow, way to stereotype," Tae says. 

"We've eaten nothing but rice and spicy noodles this past week with the occasional breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast," you say.

The two of them share a glance, then, they sigh. "Shit," they say in-sync. 

"Oh my God, you really are soulmates," you mumble. "If you were raised in Italy, why are you part of the western witness protection program?" 

"We work all over the world," Tae explains, "we're technically stationed in Italy. Learned Italian, English, Korean, Spanish, French... you name the language, we probably at least know the basics. Not to brag, but we're the best bodyguards in Italy, arguably in the west too. That's why you're stuck with us."

You slowly nod, absorbing all that they're saying. "Since I'm so important, I have not one but two of the best?" 

"Normally we work together," Jimin says, nudging Tae. "We're better together than apart. Believe it or not, we're more focused together. We have each other's backs and yours. Always. We're dedicated to our jobs. More dedicated than the average person. Hell, even the average bodyguard."