Tied

Jungkook feels like he's walking to his own execution. 

Isn't that what he thought last time? His parents coming home again can only mean one thing: they're pissed. Pissed beyond belief, and Jungkook wasn't home to protect Yuri from it. What kind of person does that make him? He promised to keep his little sister safe, and he can't even do that right.

He opens the front door and saunters inside, keeping his keys in his fist in case he needs to make improvised brass knuckles. If they get angry enough, Jungkook will gladly attack them. Attacking them wouldn't solve any problems, though. The debt would still be on their shoulders, and attacking his own blood would make Jungkook see nightmares for months. But if they try to hurt Yuri, he'll do anything.

He locks the door behind him, tip-toeing into the kitchen where they normally meet. He lets out a breath when he sees them standing there, leaning against the kitchen counter. Yuri's at the sink, washing dishes in a hurried pace. 

Jungkook grits his teeth. He's careful not to clang his keys together to alert them. It's his only advantage here, so he has to make sure he keeps it a secret.

"I thought we wouldn't see you for another year," Jungkook starts. 

Both his parents snap up. 

"No hello?" his father asks. 

"I don't give respect to those who don't deserve it," Jungkook replies as he walks over to Yuri's side of the counter. He stands behind it and glares down his parents. "Let's cut to the chase. Why are you in my fucking house?" 

"Last I checked, we paid for it," his mother says. 

"I paid for this house with my own two hands. I got Yuri and I this as a chance for escape from you two, but no, somehow you still found this place. May I ask how?"

"If we said no?" his father asks. 

"I could always beat it out of you. I know you're standing there thinking you have the higher power, but when my fist is lodged down your throat, you'll think differently."

Neither of them react. 

"Is violence always your answer?" his mother says with a sigh. 

"It was always yours. Why are you expecting mine to be any different?" 

"We've never laid a hand on you." 

He shakes her off. "Violence isn't always physical, Mrs. Jeon," he whispers, clutching his keys tighter.

"Were you always this hostile?" she asks. 

"Were you always such a bitch?" he asks back. 

"How fucking dare you talk to your mother like that!" his father says in a hiss. 

On instinct, Jungkook gets in front of Yuri. "She's not my mom. The only good thing she ever did for me was give birth to Yuri. I don't want either of you on my property again. Next time, I'll call the police."

"Is that a threat?" his mother asks. 

"It's not a threat if I actually do it. I'm giving you thirty seconds. I'm done being your pet. And God help me if you so much as breathe in Yuri's direction... I don't care that you're my blood, I'll kill you with my bare hands. Get the fuck out before I make you."

His parents scowl and narrow their eyes, but when they don't leave, Jungkook puts his foot down.

"Thirty seconds. You already gave us your debt, now go before you make things worse. I'm not putting up with it anymore. Go!" 

At his demand, they finally give in. They scamper away, departing the kitchen. Jungkook doesn't budge until he hears the door shut. He's quick to sprint to the door and lock it. Before he can go back to the kitchen, Yuri comes up behind him.

"Did they hurt you?" Jungkook asks, whipping around and rushing to her. "Oh God, they didn't, did they? I'm so sorry, I should've been here. I should've been here all night." 

"Jungkook, you don't have to apologize for having a girlfriend. It's not your fault, we didn't know they'd come back," she says in a gentle, delicate tone as she places a hand on his shoulder. 

Jungkook hangs his head. "I should've been more attentive. We pack up and leave and what? They pretend that it's okay? That's my fault for not being smart enough to know they'd be back." 

"You couldn't have known."

"I'm your older brother. I'm supposed to protect you. That's my one job. I can't even do that right," he whispers, attempting to hide the pain in his voice. He's sure it doesn't work. 

"Jungkook, everything that's happened has happened for a reason. I believe that. They're gone now, okay? I'm not hurt, neither are you. You did your job perfectly. Besides, I told you more times than I can count: you're not alone anymore. I'm seventeen now. I can help you around here. It isn't just you. I'm not the little kid you were taking care of when you were twelve. I'm old enough to help you. Please, trust me."

Jungkook pulls her into a hug, resting his chin on the top of her head. "I trust you more than I trust anyone, myself included. Yuri, I swear to you that no matter what happens, I'll keep you safe. I always will. I love you, kiddo." 

He can feel her smile against his chest. 

"I love you too. Always."

~~~

A/n: Shorter chapter but a packed one. Jungkook being protective? I'll take that any day.

So gotta ask, how we liking Vmin/Hans and Jae? Dislike, like, love, etc. How we feeling?