Hans

So it was a little awkward when you realized the handsome stranger was Tae

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

So it was a little awkward when you realized the handsome stranger was Tae.

Two days later, you're still apologizing for being a huge flirt. He doesn't seem to mind, though. Every time you brought it up, he shook you off and told you not to worry about it. 

You can't help it. Poor guy was on the receiving end of you being a bit of a hoe. You almost laugh at your own thoughts. You've lived your whole life trapped inside a pretty mansion where your parents brought elegant guests every week for a party. It's not like flirting is any stranger to you. In fact, you rather enjoy it. Why not, right? Why not be confident, even if it's fake.

The sweet aroma of pasta feels the air, your eyes practically turning into hearts at the smell. "I never knew how much went into cooking pasta. I've been doing it wrong the whole time," you say with a dramatic sigh. 

Tae chuckles and stirs some more. "Adding salt to boiling water isn't something I'd consider gourmet, Y/n. I'm starting to think you're stereotyping Italians as pasta lovers."

"Well, do you love pasta?" you ask. He goes to answer, then stops. You snort. "Uh huh." 

The two of you go back to cooking together, a soft hum leaving Tae's lips. You listen for a few moments before softly smiling. "Did you sing in Italy?" you ask, Tae letting you stir the pasta. 

"Ah, it's kind of stupid, but my grandmother raised me. I sung her to sleep every night. She always loved my voice." 

"I can see why," you say. "Just from humming I can hear the depth of your voice. It's something special, Tae."

"Not as special as my cooking skills," he replies. 

"Well, you do make one mean spaghetti and meatball dish." 

The two of you laugh again, more of the sweet aroma filling the air. Tae pulls out a single strand of noodle and blows on it before tasting it. He smacks his lips together when he's done. 

"Mm! Perfection! Time to strain!"

Being the bodyguard, he of course makes you stand far away from the sink. He takes the piping hot pot and dumps the water out, the pasta landing in the strainer set up in the sink. 

"I made meals for my grandma every day. All her favorites in hopes that maybe one day I could thank her for what she's done for me," he explains, the sloshing sounds the water makes almost drowning his voice out. When it stops, he places the pot down on the side, pressing his hands into the counter. The smell of cooked, wet noodles fills the air, you drinking in the scent.

"I promised her I'd take care of her for life, that I'd get a good job and give back to the world, just how she taught me," he whispers, bringing his eyes up to the ceiling. "Now I'm here, getting high pay and protecting people for a living." Tae dryly chuckles and turns to you with tears in his eyes. "And she didn't get to see a damn second of it."