Nearing the end

🎧please use the music provided above for a better experience🎧

March 23, 2011

It's the next day, and I'm packing my dirty clothes. There's been a change in plans. Tom texted Ramon and got the information on the families my father snitched on - the ones he threw under the bus. Our first stop is Romania, visiting the Vasile family. They don't know we're coming, and we aren't sure how we're going to get ahold of the man that works with my father. We're just going to have to wait and see.

———

CLUJ-NAPOCA, ROMANIA

"Enjoy your stay, Mr. Kaulitz." the flight attendant says, batting her stupid beady eyes. She's been openly flirting with Tom the entire flight, repeatedly addressing only him, getting overly touchy, and engaging in unnecessary conversation. Seriously, what the fuck is she thinking? Right in front of me?

He doesn't say anything or acknowledges her; he simply walks past and exits the jet. We are the last to leave.

"You go ahead I think I forgot my iPod." I say to Tom.

He nods and walks down the steps toward the sleek black car.

As I walk further into the jet, the narrow aisle stretches out before me. I catch a glimpse of the flight attendant up ahead, diligently picking up a couple of wine glasses left behind by the guys. With a mischievous grin, I quietly approach her from behind. In a swift motion, I reach out and grab a handful of her hair, roughly pulling her back. Startled, she lets out a surprised yelp, her hands instinctively flying behind her to grab mine. I pull her head close to my face.

"Never put your hands on another woman's man, because in any other situation, I would've had him hold you down while I chop them off." I firmly whisper into her ear.

"So next time you see a couple, show some respect, you know?" I say, tightening my grip on her hair.

"Do you understand what I'm saying to you." I say softly.

She nods frantically.

"Use your words." I insist.

"Yes." she stammers.

"Perfect." I say cheerfully.

"Thanks, I'll definitely enjoy my stay." I add with a smug smile.

I confidently stride out of the plane and hop into the waiting car's front seat.

"Alright, let's go!"

———

As our car rolled up the gravel driveway, I couldn't help but stare in awe at the sight before us. The house stood tall, its brick walls adorned with climbing vines that hugged the edges like a blanket. The front was adorned with large windows framed by lacy curtains. A wraparound porch beckoned with its inviting swing and rows of potted flowers adorning its railing. The roof, steep and pointed, gave the house a mystical feel. It was like something out of a fairy tale, with its charm.

As Tom and I step inside, the air carries the comforting scent of old wood. The hallways are lined with drapes in intricate patterns. Sunlight floods through tall windows, illuminating every curve and detail of the vintage furniture scattered throughout.

Our room is at the end of the long, narrow hallway. Tom opens the door, and I'm met with the most beautiful room ever, straight out of a fairytale. A large window opens to a balcony, casting light on a large four-poster bed draped with curtains. Lush greenery fills the space, with numerous plants scattered around and vines gracefully trailing the walls. I take it all in, walking around in awe, looking up at the skylight above the bed, that adds a touch of natural radiance.