Father was wrong

🎧please use the music provided above for a better experience🎧

February 13, 2011

I awoke to the murmur of hushed conversations and the shuffle of footsteps.

"Could you all be any fucking louder? I really don't want her to wake up." Tom grumbled from the closet, annoyance and sarcasm evident in his voice.

I wake up, gently rubbing my eyes and removing the eye gunk from the corners. Swinging my legs over the edge of the bed, I head towards the closet, which is basically just a massive room connected to the bedroom, filled from top to bottom with clothes. In the center, a large island holds all of the accessories and jewelry. I spot Tom standing behind the island on a small platform, while seamstresses work on adjusting the suit he's wearing.

"You woke her up." he chides in a hushed tone.

The seamstress glances over her shoulder, her face filled with fear.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Lucchese, I didn't mean to disturb yo-" she begins to apologize but I interrupt her.

"No, it's fine. I was already waking up; I didn't even hear the noise." I reassure her. Then, I shift my attention to Tom, giving him a disapproving look.

"We have three hours until we leave." he said, gesturing toward a garment bag hanging on one of the racks. "Linda, please get Natalia her dress, and then take her to get her hair and makeup done."

The older lady, presumably Linda, nodded and carefully carried the bag in her arms.

"Follow me, Ms. Lucchese." she said, leading me down the corridor and into a room that resembled a lounge area. Inside, three women were preparing. One was arranging makeup supplies, while the other two were heating up curlers and straighteners.

"Please have a seat, Ms. Lucchese." Linda said  gesturing towards a tall chair.

"We don't have to be formal; you can just call me Nat or Natalia." I said, offering a warm smile.

"Okay, Natalia," she replied, returning the smile.

"Just let them know your preferences for your hair and makeup, and then we'll proceed with dressing you."

"I'd like a blowout and a simple smoky eye." I replied.

As the makeup artists put the final touches, the door swung open, and I heard Morgan's exclamation, "NAT OMG YOU LOOK SO FINE!" I couldn't help but laugh.

"If only I were a man." Lauren teased with a playful grin.

"Are you guys going too?" I asked, slowly opening one of my eyes while the makeup artist applied eyeshadow to the other.

"Yeah, Gustav and Georg sent us here to get ready." Morgan replied, walking over to a leather couch and plopping down.

"Okay, we're all done. You can start getting dressed." the lady said, moving a strand of hair away from my face.

"Ms. De Vries and Ms. Vasilios, I'll get to you shortly." she added as she began reorganizing her working station.

I walked over to the hung-up garment bag and slowly unzipped it, revealing the most beautiful dress I'd ever seen. A sheer black dress with a nude layer underneath created the illusion of me being naked under the dress, adorned with beautiful gems and stones scattered all over. A soft white fur shawl coat adorned the shoulder part.

"Let me help you with that." The older lady that did my makeup said, carefully pulling the dress over my head to ensure my hair and makeup remained intact.