The heart of my world.

🎧please use the music provided above for a better experience🎧 (especially for Toms POV)

Stepping out of the house, the motion light flickers on as I put a cigarette between my lips, igniting it with a swift flick of a lighter. Inhaling deeply, I release the smoke in slow exhales, my gaze fixed on the darkness ahead. Gradually returning to reality, I stroll down the driveway and a bit down the road, reaching the car where I turn the key and lower the window. Driving up the driveway, parking right in front of the house, I take leisurely drags, my mind seemingly empty, detached from the world as I watch my surroundings blur.

Suddenly, a firm knock on the driver's side window jolts me back to reality. "Open the trunk." Bill says gesturing behind him and I notice Tom and Georg approaching with the unconscious and bounded body of Anton. I hit the trunk button, feeling the car dip under the added weight.

As the guys settle in, I accelerate into the night, the car moving silently while the outside lights merge into a blur. I cut in front of other vehicles, and swerving quickly out from behind others to prevent hitting them. In my peripheral vision, I catch Tom slowly reach for his seatbelt; he never wears a seatbelt. A smirk tugs on my lip as I press the gas pedal, propelling me back into the seat with a rush, my grip tightening on the steering wheel as the road stretches ahead, bathed in the glow of passing streetlights.

———

I push open the front door, a shiver running through me as I brush snow off my coat.

"Oh, your guys are back pretty early." Lauren slurs, emerging from the living room, she looks very intoxicated.

"Yeah, umm, we had a change of plans." I explain, glancing at Tom and Georg carrying the unconscious body of Anton into the house.

"Where are we putting him?" Georg grunts, supporting Anton's upper body.

"Downstairs." Tom breathes out, managing Anton's legs.

Gustav and Bill come inside shortly after.

"Babbbyyyyy!" Lauren squeals, grabbing Gustav's face and planting a sloppy deep kiss on him, her hands going all over his body. She then pulls him upstairs, leaving Bill and me exchanging a disturbed look, both of us speechless.

"What the fuck." I mumble trying not to laugh, walking towards the basement, Bill following behind letting out his laughter, having to stop a couple seconds to breathe.

In the basement, we find the man chained to a chair in front of a table, kind of resembles an interrogation room. Tom and Georg take seats across from him.

"What did you guys do to him?" I inquire.

"Knocked his ass out." Tom replies, and I notice blood trickling down the side of Anton's face.

"You think he'll wake up soon?" I ask, pulling up a chair next to Tom, with Bill grabbing another and settling next to me.

"He should, I didn't hit him that hard." Georg says, leaning back into his chair, prompting Tom to interject, "Says the buffest bitch in the room." casting a side-eye at Georg, who responds with a scoffing laugh.

I chuckle, setting my gun on the table as I ease into my chair, placing a hand on Tom's shoulder.

"What's our next move?" I break the silence, eyes scanning the room.