You're clueless

🎧please use the music provided above for a better experience🎧

As the memories of that day flooded my mind, I felt like I'd been struck by a thunderbolt of remembrance, a jolt of shock as forgotten memories resurfaced.

How could this be... I thought they were dead...

I kept flipping through the pages of the album until I came across a picture of the twins' dad with my father at some bar, but my dad's face was scribbled over. I continued to turn the pages. More pictures of the twins' dad and my dad, all with my father's face crossed out. Every image containing my father had been defaced in some way.

In the year 2000, the twins' house caught on fire, and tragically, there were no survivors. This made headlines as their father was a powerful businessman in Germany...

I went to the funeral...

There were three caskets...

Why did they keep this from me?! How are they alive?! What is going on?!

I had too many questions and not enough answers. I flipped back to the picture of me and the twins, carefully pulling it out of its sleeve.

I placed everything back into its original spot and then walked back to the bed with the picture in hand. I wanted to know everything they knew that I didn't.

---

It had been a couple of hours, and they still weren't back. I anxiously bounced my leg up and down, trying to think of the right words to say when I confronted them. Suddenly, the door opened, and Tom walked in past me, heading towards the bathroom. He didn't say anything to me and just closed the bathroom door behind him. I pulled out the picture from my waistband and waited for him to come back out.

---

**Toms POV**

The plan was a success, and we were able to leave with the full 235 pounds undetected by anyone. Georg had the brilliant idea of swapping the products out with fakes to cause further harm to Lucchese's business.

I splashed water on my face and looked at myself in the mirror, sighing. Then, I walked back out into the room, where I saw Natalia sitting on the bed, looking down at something.

"What you got there?" I asked as I walked toward her. She didn't say anything and just looked up at me, giving me a better look at what she was looking at. My heart dropped.

"What's this, Tom?" she asked, holding up the picture.

"What are you doing looking through my stuff?" I snapped, snatching the photo from her grasp.

"Nick?" she said, her voice tinged with confusion.

"Don't fucking call me that," I replied.

"What? Then who are you, huh?" she challenged, looking me up and down.

"What, you're going to hit me again?" she asked, her gaze locked onto mine as if she were peering into the depths of my soul.

My hands balled into fists, but then her words made me hesitate. "I'm sorry," I whispered.

"You were dead, Tom... I went to your fucking funeral," she said, tears rolling down her face.

"Where's Bill?" she demanded.

"Downstairs," I mumbled, looking down at my feet.

                         **Natalia POV**

I quickly walked past him and made my way out the door.

This asshole knew too.

"Natalia, wait," I heard Tom say from behind me, but I ignored him.

I saw Bill on the couch, laughing and having a great time with Gustav and Georg.

"Alexander?!" I called out, walking up to him. All of them quickly turned to look at me, mouths hanging open as if they'd seen a ghost.

"She found the pictures," Tom said softly from behind me.

"What, cat got your tongue? Can't fucking run your mouth anymore?! Why would you lie to me about this?!" I exclaimed, furrowing my eyebrows, trying to wrap my head around the fact that the kids I grew up with were alive and a couple of murdering psychopaths.

"Okay, we should talk," Bill said, getting up from the couch. "Come, I'll tell you everything in the office."

---

I sat down in the same chair from the first time I was brought here and blankly stared at the twins, waiting for them to explain themselves.

"Natalia, the reason why we didn't tell you is because we didn't know how you would react to it... we didn't know if you would freak out and go on telling your dad, risking ruining the plan."

"But you weren't scared that I was going to run off and tell him you were holding me hostage?" I scoffed, confused by their logic.

"No, because you were clueless. You didn't know about your dad's businesses and what he's actually capable of... and you still don't," Bill said, his tone low.

"What do you mean..."